Reaching for the Sky...

93rdcurrent

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
www.timlorphoto.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
Here's one I took a few days ago while hiking around town.

3161841062_36a7d2db4a_o.jpg
3161841062_36a7d2db4a_o.jpg

I shoot in RAW so all my photos have been edited to bring out the color... but yes, it was the color of the sky at the time. ;)

And thanks for the comment.

Last edited:
Looks pretty!
The sky does not look over-saturated.

Thanks LaFoto. It was a shocking contrast. I considered converting it to b&w but decided I liked the blue sky too much.

nice... :)

imho clouds are too much in focus...

and something in the field doesn't makes me love this pic, but I don't know...

If you were aiming for an abstraction of the elements...a contrast or juxtaposition effect, the there is perhaps too much detail. It would increase its effectiveness or power if you considered how to apply the "less is more" concept into the construction.

On the other hand...another way to approach such natural beauty is to give it more context by adding scale and perspective. To achieve this I would suggest including a small amount of the foreground...a "horizon". This would add "stability"...and generally aid construction.

Thanks for the comments. I had to make a couple of decisions... there was a very uninteresting house on the other side of the tree. I've been playing around with a much deeper DOF and I wanted to get the blue sky that was just there for about 15 min. Here's the next shot I took where I was able to get more foreground in the shot.

3161006007_cb770ca1fb_o.jpg

Most reactions

New Topics

Back