Ready for the big trip...

Mitica100

Staff member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
Whoa! The time flies when you're having fun. Well, that is packing and making reservations, you know... the whole spiel!

Saturday I'll depart for Bucharest, Romania, where I'll be visiting relatives and friends for about two weeks. I'll be stopping in Washington DC and Frankfurt before landing in Bucharest. I do expect to bring some pounds back and that's not talking about the luggage. :lol: The tradition there is to have a meal everywhere you go, with everyone you visit. So, I might end up having 2-3 dinners a night!!

Sooo... I'll be gone and going through a TPF withdrawal. But I might be able to connect once in a while from an Internet Cafe, they seem to pop up there like mushrooms after rain.

Until Saturday morning though I'll be around.

Yeah, I'll have some pics... But, not carrying anything spectacular with me. Just an older AF Pentax (35mm), a 4MP digi, a Canon Elph (APS) and that's it. I wish I could make this a photographic trip and take with me some of the better cameras... But nevertheless, I'll post some pics from Dracula's castle for all of you vampire lovers... :fangs: :eyebrows:

Now, listen here. I didn't ask for any of your excuses! :lol:

Mitica100 said:
Yeah, I'll have some pics... But, not carrying anything spectacular with me. Just an older AF Pentax (35mm), a 4MP digi, a Canon Elph (APS) and that's it. I wish I could make this a photographic trip and take with me some of the better cameras... But nevertheless, I'll post some pics from Dracula's castle for all of you vampire lovers... :fangs: :eyebrows:

Hope you have a fantastic trip :D

Hope you have a great trip! :)

ooo! Dimitri! So it's finally upon you, after all the planning and waiting. :thumbup:

This sounds like it is going to be a blast!

I'm not worried about the "lack" of gear....I'm guessing you'll do just fine with the Pentax. ;)

I'm already looking forward to the pics. Stay safe, and you guys have fun! :hug::

craig said:
You will have a fabulous trip!!! Do not drink the water.

:lol: :lol:

No worry mate, I'll be drinking all sorts of libations from coffee to beer and wine.

Seriosly though, water is safe in Romania, besides that they have wonderful mineral water.

Lensmeister said:
Have a great time ... if you can get to Snagov ... the resting place of Prince Vlad Tepes .... :)

Yeah, I plan to... However, I've been there many times while growing up, the little monastery on the island is practically inaccessible if you don't bribe the local priest. :lol: In any case, there is a grave where Vlad is supposed to have been burried but all they found inside were animal bones. Still, the legend continues...

I'll be visiting also Sighisoara, an old town (over 500 years) where Vlad lived for some time. I've been there in 1991 and it's a really interesting place, basically untouched by modern civilization. Also I will stop by Vlad's Royal Court (for lack of a better wording) which is in ruins nowadays. There are some catacombs that I want to revisit. ;) No pics allowed but I'll see if a little bribe works.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back