What's new

Real Estate Photography C&C

supraman215

TPF Noob!
Joined
Oct 25, 2006
Messages
979
Reaction score
12
Location
Philadelphia
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
I just got started with RE photography back in April and this is my 8th shoot. Right now I'm doing it as a side business to my full time job. Right now I don't have enough work to justify quitting my day job. I got into it because I had all this equipment and I thought I could make money with this somehow but I don't like the idea of portraits or weddings or anything like that. I've always been fond of homes and real estate in general and I think that's starting to come through in my work. Many realtors take their own pictures and think they are doing a great job, this is the market I'm trying to break into, and also differentiate myself from the national companies.


DSC_0009_enfuse by supraman215, on Flickr


DSC_0019 by supraman215, on Flickr


DSC_0078 by supraman215, on Flickr


DSC_0062 by supraman215, on Flickr


DSC_0140_enfuse by supraman215, on Flickr

The whole set is here:

Eighth Shoot - a set on Flickr
 
^Ha, I'm sure if you stick to it, and be proactive and hit the streets hard so to speak, you will have more than enough work up there. Good luck.
 
Nice images.

In addition to shooting for realtors I would also recommend reaching out to local architectural firms. Ive shot for the architectural firm my brother works at a couple of times. They use the photographs to show to future clients and sometimes submit one of their buildings to a architectural magazine.
 
I would buy that house. (Currently looking in Camp Hill, PA area, lol). Great shots
 
overall, I think they're excellent. A couple very minor things:

1) I'd dodge the front of the house some more. It's one of the darkest parts of the image, drawing visual image away from it.

3) too much of the chair in the front of the frame, especially with the wide angle perspective distortion, making it even larger.
 
You can judge your own work by how fast the place sells. If it goes fast they were GREAT. If it stays on the market well then they S... :)
 
You can judge your own work by how fast the place sells. If it goes fast they were GREAT. If it stays on the market well then they S... :)

I always say that my job ends when the prospective client walks through the door, then it's the realtor's job. My goal is to take pictures that inspire more people to call to get a showing, and to make my client look good. So since houses with more showings tend to sell faster than I guess that's true. :-)
 
overall, I think they're excellent. A couple very minor things:

1) I'd dodge the front of the house some more. It's one of the darkest parts of the image, drawing visual image away from it.

3) too much of the chair in the front of the frame, especially with the wide angle perspective distortion, making it even larger.

1. good suggestion the issue I have with this photo is the verticals are off a bit but yeah adding 1/3 of a stop or so to the house would also help.

3. totally agree, gotta get better at seeing that stuff in the VF. Couple steps to the right would have made it that much better of a shot.
 

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Log in

Already have an account? Log in here.

New Topics

Back
Top Bottom