Real Gig

ShutteredEye

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
www.theshutteredeye.blogspot.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
I've got a bridal shoot coming up on Sunday evening. I'm really excited about it. Its my first "real" gig b/c its someone I don't know at all. I got the job from a local forum, basically a photog from Houston wasn't going to be able to get up here to DFW to do the shots for her friend and asked for someone to step in. I volunteered to do it for cost (I know good pay, aye?) in exchange for a signed model release.

I'm super excited, but I'm kind of bummed too because I won't be able to show you guys. I'm shooting medium format on this gig, and my local pro lab charges $5 a FRAME to scan stuff in from 120. :grumpy:

Anyway, thought I'd share.

Hey result mountainlander, sure it has it's downsides (the cost etc..) but it's your first real gig and thats something to be really excited about, I'm sure you'll do a great job, just make sure you remember to have a little fun while your working.

Hey, nothing wrong with at cost if it gets you in good with the other photog. If he likes what you do he'll probably throw other, better paying gigs your way in the future because he'll know that recommending you won't endanger his reputation.

LizM said:
Hey, nothing wrong with at cost if it gets you in good with the other photog. If he likes what you do he'll probably throw other, better paying gigs your way in the future because he'll know that recommending you won't endanger his reputation.

Hey, good point, I hadn't even thought about that!

Thanks everyone. I'm pretty excited!

Most reactions

New Topics

Back