Really cool Flame Pic

PBSNature

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
www.pbswebdesign.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
So I took this pic having fun after watching a few videos online about how people used to leave film cams shutters open late at night to get a blur effect of the stars rotating around the sky or to just paint in light in a dark area to get some neat shots. So with a little creativity I took my Digicam outside and set it to the longest shutter speed possible on my cam(15 sec) and turned the Fstop all the way to 2.7 and set ISO at 800. I probably could have gotten away with ISO at a much lower setting (Noob Mistake) but after a few tries with this I don't think I can recreate it too easily as most of the other shots didn't show my full first name. So I used a lighter to Spell out my name peter in the dark (I couldnt even really see my camera I kinda just guessed where i was in front of it). I think the pic is pretty neat but obviously way too grainy. Enjoy though.

IMG_6282.jpg

I really like how this came out :)

Here is a cropped version as well

IMG_6282_cropped.jpg

Would have been cooler without the background clutter, but still pretty cool though.

hahaha :) take a look at the fine art folio on my site and you will see what can be done with fire and long exposures! :-D Kinda my forte :) Also check my avater (bigger image is on my site). SOOOOOOOOOOOOOO much fun to be had (even if a few nights in hospital are required!) ;-)

Most reactions

New Topics

Back