Really Red Roses

roweac

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
Hello,

I am new to the site. I have a Samsung HZ50W, and so far I am pleased. I bought it as a trade off between run of the mill point and shoots and a dslr. It suites my needs fairly well, and takes good shots.

I am having an issue with color. When I take pictures of my roses the red always comes out like neon red, it literally jumps off the shot. I have adjusted the white balance, tried different lighting, gone from macro to zoom and it still happens. It only seems to happen with the roses. Other shots of red shirts or other things seem fairly normal. Other macro pics of flowers seem to have fairly accurate color reproduction.

Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

I can post pics once I figure out how.

Thanks again

There was recently a discussion on this.It seems there is a variety of rose whose color falls outside the gamut range of the camera, so the data is interpreted as best as it can within the gamut range, which blows the reds. Or something to that effect.

Thanks guys, really appreciate it. I tried to lower the saturation setting but to lower it enough for the rose to not be neon, It ended up with almost no color saturation. The camera has an RGB adjustment feature so I will try to drop the red out with that and see if I can get a good shot.

I am putting together a a mosaic of all of the flowers around our house, mostly macro shots, for my wife and I really want to have her roses featured in the grouping.

Thanks again for the info, I appreciate it.

Most reactions

Back