Really Right Stuff...Money well spent?

Tweaker

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
www.photobucket.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Well I'm looking to purchase a new ball head and I'm leaning towards going with RRS. I really like the looks and everything I've read.

How do you like your RRS gear, was it worth the investment?

Zach

I'll be purchasing a Really Right Stuff BH-55 head when I get some Gitzo legs. I just purchased a Nikon 12-24 so I will be waiting on the tripod until next month or the following month.

If you use a long lens, the RRS BH-55 is what you need.

If you don't use long lenses, the RRS BH-40 will do the job while being almost $100 cheaper.

If you use REALLY long lenses (600mm, etc) then you need the Wimberly.

Most of the big named pro's use RRS unless they are using the Wimberly (Moose Peterson with his 600mm).

Well I received a little package today and I now have a BH40/LR II plate, also picked up an L bracket and plates for my lenses.

I am very impressed with the quality of their products and customer services after three phone calls and numerous questions they were always very nice, and they don't try to sell you something you don't need.

Now I havent been out in the field with this yet but set up in the living room with my 70-200 2.8 and had my flash mounted just for some extra weight, Movement was very smooth after a couple little adjustments on the drag knob, and locked down it's as solid as a rock!

RRS customer for life!!!

Zach

Most reactions

New Topics

Back