Really ticked off!

lasershot

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Ok, last night the camera said the batteries were low, I thought thats normal, I'd taken over 200 pictures. Keep in mind, I just got this camera on Christmas as a brand new store bought camera.

So, this morning I was setting up a backdrop to do some lighting tests and I replaced the batteries, well, it says the batteries are STILL LOW! BRAND NEW BATTERIES! I JUST OPENED THE PACK!

What should I do? I have a Fuji Finepix S5700/S700.

the batteries are STILL LOW! BRAND NEW BATTERIES! I JUST OPENED THE PACK!
If they're fresh out of the pack, they've probably lost some charge sitting on the shelves. Just charge them up and see what happens.

Actually I just looked up the S700, it looks like it doesn't use a Li-Ion battery? Not sure what's up if that's the case.

The thing is though is that it was fine till last night.

i have the same camera.

i use normal recharable and normal aa batteries.

maybe your batteries are just a bad batch

I had the same thing happen 2 times last week 2 sets of brand new batteries right out of the package were dead.

I'll try and replace the batteries again and see if it helps..

You guys need to spend some money on rechargeable batteries and a cheap charger. Much better than puchasing batteries every hundred pics.

i have both

always got durecell for back up.

i take about 500 pics on a set of durecell and they are not expensive

The first digital camera I bought was a Fuji. It ate through batteries so fast I took it back and got an Olympus. I could only take about 10 pictures with regular AA batteries with the Fuji. I'm sure they've come a long way since then (this was about 4 years ago). After that I only used lithium. They were more expensive but lasted so much longer that I actually spent less money overall than regular AAs.

Digital cameras usually eat through regular alkaline batteries very quickly, this is why I recommend the lithiums, they generally last a lot longer.

Digital cameras usually eat through regular alkaline batteries very quickly, this is why I recommend the lithiums, they generally last a lot longer.
I'm amazed digicams even still use AAs. I thought they were all using Lithium now.

The problem laid in a bad battery :)

I'm gonna use my rechargeable batteries after they finish charging.

Most reactions

Back