REBEL XT's ARE IN

Nikon Fan

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
but sadly only in the silver version with kits only :( I saw them at Best Buy this afternoon, and went to the photo store where I ordered mine to see if they had them, but they said only the silver with kits were available. For some strange reason the others aren't coming out for a few more weeks :( Hopefully within the next two at least!!!! Anyway thought I would pass along the great news. I was able to play with the one they had in the photo store and now I want it eve more. It's a lot smaller and lighter than the drebel...but from what I can tell I'm going to love it!!!

Just checked and BandH have all of them in stock but the black body only...which is what I ordered :( Anyway ebay also has them all listed including just the black body only...so chances are they will hopefully have all of them everywhere very soon!!!

I'm gunna have to wait a month or so probably until I get one.... so make sure to post pics and your throughts whenever you get yours :)

Nytmair said:
I'm gunna have to wait a month or so probably until I get one.... so make sure to post pics and your throughts whenever you get yours :)

Ditto on this except for me maybe add another month or two. You can break it in for us Amanda!

Thanks for the heads up

I am waiting to see what the noise levels are at 1600 iso. If it's the same as or close to the 20D I will probably buy one. I have seen a couple of examples but I didn't like the samples shown.

I have also read where the kit lense is awfull, so if I buy one it will be only the body. No sense in getting a decent quality camera and a crappy lense, it would be similar to buying a good computer for the internet and using a dialup service.

I think I will get the sigma 18-125mm zoom as my first lense, the reviews have been mostly positive and the lense covers a huge range. The price is very good, I will also get the 50mm lense.

Like Nytmair and Aoide I am going to wait a little while, mainly because manufacturers have a hard time to get the first production run right without any bugs.

Check out the Tamron 28-300 if you are looking for a good lens instead of the one that comes with the kit. That way you aren't changing lenses so often which lowers the risk of getting anything on the sensor.

I doubt that the Tamron 28-300 is any sharper than the kit lens. For only $100, the kit lenses are a pretty good deal. IMO

Sharper or not, the Tamron lens doesn't get near as wide as the kit lens. It's just not a substitute if you shoot wide angle landscapes.

From mesing around with the camera in the store, the kit lens didn't seem to awful to me...but then again that's what I am used to shooting with is a kit lens.

The guy in the store said they released the silver first b/c women are more likely to buy them, but that didn't make much sense to me. You'd think they'd want to release all them at once to make as much $$$ as possible...

damn damn damn... xt is amazing.. and I'll be still working with my fuji s5000 :( ehhh

WAHOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO Just got a phone call and my camera is in!!!! Unfortunately I live to far away from the town I bought it in to make it there in time tonight, but I'm headed there tommorow afternoon for sure!!! :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: Now to read up all night long on how to work it :lol:

eromallagadnama said:
WAHOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO Just got a phone call and my camera is in!!!! Unfortunately I live to far away from the town I bought it in to make it there in time tonight, but I'm headed there tommorow afternoon for sure!!! :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: Now to read up all night long on how to work it :lol:

Amanda, quit gloating!!! LOL!

Also, I really like the quote in your sig.

mountainlander said:
Amanda, quit gloating!!! LOL!

Also, I really like the quote in your sig.

I can't help it :lol: I'm on cloud nine...more like cloud 999999999 :lol: No one around my house gets excited about this stuff, so I at least can post here an know people have been through the same process time and time again :)

Thanks,I found the quote today and liked it a lot so I had to add it...here's a site where you can find quotes from all sorts of photographers: http://www.photoquotes.com/

Most reactions

New Topics

Back