Recent Engagement Shoot

crimbfighter

TPF Supporters
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Things have been pretty slow on the photography front lately with the baby. I had an engagement shoot last week with a couple whose wedding I will be shooting next month. They are soooo soo awkward together... Made for some interesting moments.. Here are my favorites. As always, C&C welcome!

All shot with D800 and 50mm, 85mm, or 70-200 VRI
J&A Engagement-2.jpg

J&A Engagement-7.jpg

J&A Engagement-6.jpg

J&A Engagement-16.jpg

J&A Engagement-28.jpg

J&A Engagement-34.jpg

J&A Engagement-40.jpg

J&A Engagement-38.jpg

J&A Engagement-19.jpg

J&A Engagement-29.jpg

They are all nicely done!

Nice pics. They do not appear to be "so awkward together"...so, you must have done a good job photographing them because that vibe definitely does NOT come through!

Nice pics. They do not appear to be "so awkward together"...so, you must have done a good job photographing them because that vibe definitely does NOT come through!
Thank you! I ended up with barely half the finished images I usually do because so many just didn't turn out, on account of the awkwardness...

All very nice and beautifully taken.

Solid set! I agree that "awkward" doesn't come through in these - it bodes well for the wedding photos that they look so comfortable in these.

IMO numbers 5 and 8 are the best of the bunch, they really stand out as engagement photos. Number 8 particularly really stands out to me.

On number 6 I'm guessing by the placement in the frame that you were looking to emphasize her hands and the ring. Unfortunately (again, IMO), her head (cropped in the corner, out of focus, and in relative shadow) and the crop at her elbow make the shot awkward. I really like this perspective for this pose (her gazing into his eyes). I'd like to see this panned left, composed and focused on her face, even at the expense of his head and the ring being OOF.

Thanks for sharing!

All very nice and beautifully taken.

Thanks!

Solid set! I agree that "awkward" doesn't come through in these - it bodes well for the wedding photos that they look so comfortable in these.

IMO numbers 5 and 8 are the best of the bunch, they really stand out as engagement photos. Number 8 particularly really stands out to me.

On number 6 I'm guessing by the placement in the frame that you were looking to emphasize her hands and the ring. Unfortunately (again, IMO), her head (cropped in the corner, out of focus, and in relative shadow) and the crop at her elbow make the shot awkward. I really like this perspective for this pose (her gazing into his eyes). I'd like to see this panned left, composed and focused on her face, even at the expense of his head and the ring being OOF.

Thanks for sharing!

Thank you, and thanks for the suggestions! I see what you're saying. I do have a couple where they are framed a little more centered and she is in focus, but none with her looking at the camera. It would have been a good variation to throw in.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back