4.jpg

4.jpg

4.jpg

4.jpg

Attachments

• $4.jpg
    $4.jpg
    173.7 KB · Views: 145
I like 9 the best. I'm not a fan of the flare in the first one but that's just me. Cool ! She's a very pretty lady.

Beautiful images! I really love 1 & 2.

These feel like you're experimenting or something? The flaretastic ones are not working for me at all, and the rest are a maze of hot spots, except the last two where you've posed a pretty girl against a dying tree for reasons beyond my ken.

I swear I've seen really top-drawer stuff from you, but these are not that.

In the first 2, the sun is the star, not the pretty girl. Is that what you were going for?

Personally, Id rather see the pretty girl be the star.

I will come back to these on my calibrated monitor, but I think the sun is overpowering your model, and you have some hot spots.

Stylistically, you're in align with current trends of fashion photography so putting these images in context you did a great job. This forum sucks for current fashion photography trends as most are trained to see a hotspot and automatically dismiss it as a fail. They do not follow fashion, the photography, and what sells. Take the critique with a large grain of salt. You're being critiqued by people who post a picture of a barn and silo and get pi$$ed off when they don't get glowing reviews.

^ Why are you being so vague by saying "your being critiqued BY PEOPLE"......why dont you just come out and name specific people? Oh, thats right because you are being vague on purpose because the facts don't fit with your statement.

Where are you seeing fashion that looks like this, Tee? I'm not an aficionado, but I pay attention in a few places, and these look nothing like what I am seeing there.

I've seen a few that might be related to the last two, a sort of organic/biological feel, but they were much more studied and formal, and shot in a studio.

In the W magazine I was just perusing yesterday.

And Parker, I generalized because the few who post fashion oriented images tend to get the same critiques by individuals who just posted "look at my cute kitty" or "what do you think of this bottle cap".

My issue is we have a segment of posters who preach context and feeling over technical aspects. The majority of posters on here are concerned with technical detail because this is primarily a learners forum. However, if you take in the context of the above images with current fashion photography, he did a swell job. Did I say they were award winning? No, and Andrew and I agree on one thing which is ghache has displayed some great work.

But if you look at amazing photography spanning all genres you will see plenty of blown out skies, hot spots, etc but in the context of the image the blown out areas work. See where I'm going? A hot spot on a person doesn't always mean it hits the recycle bin. I happen to like the blown look on the model. It takes the eye from left to right to the exposed parts of the face.

Tee- You and 3 other people, myself included gave c&c on the OP's photos. Then you said "You're being critiqued by people who post a picture of a barn and silo and get pi$$ed off when they don't get glowing reviews."

You dont see how that is offensive?

You dont see how that is talking about OTHER people rather than the 3 that actually commented?

You dont see how it looks like you are trying to start trouble?

Anyway, it doesn't matter I guess.

I will stick with my opinion that the OP had some very pretty models to work with, but I feel he could have done a better job to showcase their beauty, with the posing, composition, and post processing.

Last edited:
I like 3, 4 and 6 the best. #1 is very effective but like some others I am not a fan of flare - at least not that much.

One very important aspect of being an artist is knowing when to take critique seriously and when to filter it.

In the W magazine I was just perusing yesterday.

And Parker, I generalized because the few who post fashion oriented images tend to get the same critiques by individuals who just posted "look at my cute kitty" or "what do you think of this bottle cap".

My issue is we have a segment of posters who preach context and feeling over technical aspects. The majority of posters on here are concerned with technical detail because this is primarily a learners forum. However, if you take in the context of the above images with current fashion photography, he did a swell job. Did I say they were award winning? No, and Andrew and I agree on one thing which is ghache has displayed some great work.

But if you look at amazing photography spanning all genres you will see plenty of blown out skies, hot spots, etc but in the context of the image the blown out areas work. See where I'm going? A hot spot on a person doesn't always mean it hits the recycle bin. I happen to like the blown look on the model. It takes the eye from left to right to the exposed parts of the face.
I agree with you that there are a number of posters in this forum who pull their words out of their ass when they "critique" a good photo just to feed their own ego, but in this case I have to agree that the hot spots are highly distracting, and even if the fashion is on point with the current trends the lighting in 1, 2, 3, 4, 6 and 8 is causing the photo to suffer and pulls focus from the styling. Even still, the styling seems to be lacking in my opinion, and those blown out highlights are doing nothing to make these dresses look any better. Nor does that dead tree seem to be relevant at all to the style and feeling in these shots.

Most reactions

Back