Recent Photo Shoot..

I had no issue with any of the feedback and critique provided. I was questioning Designer's interpretation of the forum rules.

I had no issue with any of the feedback and critique provided. I was questioning Designer's interpretation of the forum rules.
I'm unable to see his posts, hence my confusion. The forum rendered the quote to appear like it was yours, but now I understand they weren't your words.

Last edited:
To clarify for people (before we all get really confused). There's no minimum threshold number of posts that you have to make to get or to give critique. We did go through a short phase where new members were being overly harshly treated in critiques quite a while back (ergo why there's hazy memories of what the rule was) and we issued guidelines at the time to remind people to be respectful when conversing with those very new to the site. As moderators we also came down a little heavier on those breaching those guidelines with a view to correcting the behaviour.

I'm glad to say we don't have this problem any more as a result of those guidelines. Again they were only issued as a reminder toward members to treat each other with respect and proper manners; and to remind users that those very new to a community are often not aware of in-jokes and posts which are poorly worded and can seem more hostile.

We have never and never plan to impose rules that restrict what critique can be given. Barring the "just for fun" gallery users are free to post critique on photos on the site. All we ask is that users air their views (positive and negative) in a polite manner toward other members.

Last edited:

Most reactions

New Topics

Back