Recent Session with a Beautiful Girl

Nmink100

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
A client of mine asked me to photograph her new childrens clothing line. As soon as she asked me I had the perfect model in mind - isn't she gorgeous? Here are a few of the shots from our sessions.

DK_296copy.jpg

DK_227copy.jpg

DK_328copy.jpg

DK_371copy.jpg

DK_251copy2.jpg

DK_139ccopy.jpg

DK_316copy.jpg

DK_318copy.jpg

DK_366copy.jpg

You certainly choose the right model, she has got quite the personality. I love them all...great colors!

cute photos! That must have been one very patient little girl. I think most girls that age would call it quit after the first 4 clothing changes.

The poses are adorable, a few times you cropped or came really close to cropping toes. For a clothing magazine, I think the model needs to have all appendages showing even if the shoes aren't what the company is selling. And I really am undecided on whether or not I like the white feather head piece. But that's nothing you could do anything about!:wink:

Great exposures, great model, great series - good job!

Those pictures were great. The model, I believe will be an incredible woman when she grows up. The first, fourth and ninth pictures were the best in my opinion. Those to me, look almost as if you were shooting with an adult model, then you chibi'd/SD'd (not really sure which adjective I want to use, chibi or super-deformed)her.

(http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Chibi_(Japanese_term))

I do have a criticism, though but it's not of the photos. I'm going to sound like an old man saying this, but what is wrong with that woman? That's a new clothing line for children?! Look at how high the hem of her dress and skirts are! They shouldn't be that high at that age! They should be at the knees at the very least! The last thing we need is more encouragement for our little girls to become prostitots!

(FYI: I'm only 22. I'm a registered republican, but that's a long story.)

Thanks for the feedback!!

TwoColor she was an absolute pleasure to work with!

Easy Target we are actually reshooting some of the outfits this week because they were simply too small on her! It's not MEANT to be that small LOL. She is 6.5 years old and the clothing is a size 5. We tried to get her into it because she was all we had to work with but we are definitely reshooting with a smaller girl and for that reason exactly! I used her younger sister for the first shoot and she was only 3.5 so some of the clothing was swimming on her. But I think I finally found a 5 year old for this weeks session!

Pics look great, you need to take care of the bruises on her leg in PP though...

Crimson - I tried the spot healing brush but it wouldn't work. Cloning didn't do a good job of that either. Any other ideas of how I should remove the bruises?

some of the poses look a little too old for the age of that girl. particularly the legs in 3 7 and 8. If I were the client I wouldn't take those poses for children's clothing.

As I already mentioned the outfit she is wearing in pictrues 3, 7 and 8 we are reshooting as it was obviously too small for her. I still like the photo but for the clients' puprose it clearly doesn't work.

Crimson - I tried the spot healing brush but it wouldn't work. Cloning didn't do a good job of that either. Any other ideas of how I should remove the bruises?

I can do it if you want.

You did these pics with a 40D?!?!

Yes I used my 40D and the 28-135mm 3.5-5.6 and then for half the shoot I used my nifty fifty! I am going to be upgrading shortly to the 24-70mm 2.8 L series lens...

Toofpaste can you tell me how you would do it and I'll give it a go. You're more than welcome to give it a try but I would also like to know how you did it...maybe with a smaller sized spot healing brush?

As I already mentioned the outfit she is wearing in pictrues 3, 7 and 8 we are reshooting as it was obviously too small for her. I still like the photo but for the clients' puprose it clearly doesn't work.

For me I'm seeing more of an issue with some of the poses being too "mature" than with the clothes being too small, the two factors combined makes it worse though. Otherwise they are lovely!

Patch tool is your very best friend for blimshes

DK_227copy.jpg

If you pick a spot to replace at its too dark, you can lower the opacity and make it blend perfectly.

Yes I used my 40D and the 28-135mm 3.5-5.6 and then for half the shoot I used my nifty fifty! I am going to be upgrading shortly to the 24-70mm 2.8 L series lens...

Toofpaste can you tell me how you would do it and I'll give it a go. You're more than welcome to give it a try but I would also like to know how you did it...maybe with a smaller sized spot healing brush?

Dude...I completely forgot to check up on this thread....but my fellow PS Expert has got a pretty good strategy too. You have more liberty with the patch tool. Healing brush is too "computer generated" if you know what I mean. And sometimes you dont get what you're looking for.

Although at times the healing brush...works VERY well... if you go up next to where your brush selection is and change your mode to either replace or lighten. Give it a try and they'll probably work out just fine.

Patch tool is your very best friend for blimshes

DK_227copy.jpg

If you pick a spot to replace at its too dark, you can lower the opacity and make it blend perfectly.

Touche

Most reactions

New Topics

Back