Recent Shot CC Please

OLaA

No longer a newbie, moving up!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
Shot with Sigma 50 1.4 on a FF. Don't recall the camera settings. PP in light room. Overall I'm happy with the result. I know the skin and eyes might seem over processed to some. But it was the look I was going for.. china doll look I suppose. Just curious what others think, and if there's any tips on how I can improve it. Thanks in advance!

$615499_10151186843612512_294757081_o.jpg

Nice DOF. At first I would agree with the smoothing of the skin but the eyes I think are fine and hold the viewers attention. Good job.

It looks very good, but I think it would have looked better if you had shot it in portrait mode and not cut the top of his head off.

Thanks for the feedback ronlane!

Scraig I agree with you. It's something I need to teach myself to do. I love doing landscape portraits, sometimes at the expense of the composition unfortunately.

Thanks for the feedback ronlane!

Scraig I agree with you. It's something I need to teach myself to do. I love doing landscape portraits, sometimes at the expense of the composition unfortunately.
I've gotten into the habit of, in situations like that, shooting both orientations if I'm unsure which I will eventually like best. It costs no more to shoot 10 frames than it does to shoot 1, and it only takes a second to flip my camera around and shoot the other orientation as well. There have been a number of occasions in which I wound up preferring the "Alternate" shot when I had time to sit back and look at the objectively. I shoot a lot of bird and animal photography so I run into that same situation.

I like the shot and your composition. I would like to have seen the top of the hat because it is cute but you chopped off the ear part. I don't think the eyes are overdone at all. The DOF is great but the backround is really busy. I really like how you got down on the childs level because that angle is so great when working with kids.

That's excellent advice Scraig. Much appreciated!

Thanks for the compliments Kathy. The background doesn't bother me too much, but I can definitely see where you're coming from. Also I would have loved to get those ears in the frame but getting her to sit still was an up hill battle. I was actually crawling backwards trying to get her in frame because she kept wanting to crawl to me to grab the camera. This ended up being the best of roughly 30 shots lol. But yeah I agree, and would actually also prefer some fore ground as well. Shooting portrait would've suited me better in terms of both as Scraig mentioned.

The Sigma 50 1.4 is a beauty, ain't it? I love it. I'm OK with the orientation since the child is taking up so much of it but would've liked to see more of the ears or none at all.

Yes! I love the 50. I've owned a few primes and this is by far my favorite.

Most reactions

Back