Recent Storm Chase Rant!!!!

BoblyBill

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
I was all excited as this last Tuesday we had a Moderate chance for severe weather in my area. I went to work earily so that I could get off earily giving me more time to drive to an area where I could wait for the storms. After work I had planned on going up 287 to 81 and 81 north to intersept the storms that were firing. I missed my exit to 287 and decided that it might be better to just stay on I35 as the storms were heading in a northeastern direction.

1. I stopped to get a feeling for the way the storms were heading... Turns out this little cloud turned into the storm that produced a wedge like tornado in Ardmore, OK around 7pm.
3274453788_c5dda40f0d.jpg

2. Here's another shot of it.

Well I kept going north on I35 crossing into OK, and everything started looking very poor for Severe weather so I gave up and took a picture of this storm cell (This one was producing a tornado as I took pictures of it, but I didn't know it). This storm cell turned out to be on hwy-81 and produced a tornado about the time I was going to be at that location around 6pm if I would not have missed my exit. GRRRRRRR!!!!!

3273638551_7ff8836f74.jpg

This storm cell turned out to be on hwy-81 and produced a tornado about the time I was going to be at that location around 6pm if I would not have missed my exit. GRRRRRRR!!!!!

Welcome to the wonderful world of trying to chase Mother Nature....:lol:

If I had a dollar for everytime something like this happened......

Very nice shots anyway...maybe next time

:thumbup:

Most reactions

New Topics

Back