recommend a fisheye lens?

astroNikon

'ya all Bananas I tell 'ya
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
I'm looking for a good recommendation on a Nikon Fisheye lens. Probably used, prefer Nikon brand. Can be G, AF-D electronic/mechanical focusing.
Prefer under $500.
For a D750 DSLR but maybe also compatible with the Z series too

I've been out of the camera game for a long time so I've forgotten stuff about lenses, and don't know about Z mirrorless compatibility. I don't know all the potential models out there either.

I'm taking more pictures of fishes so might as well get a lens suited for that. Ha !!
any good recommendations ? Thanks

Siggys. 15mm if you want full-frame. 8mm if you want circular.

Siggys. 15mm if you want full-frame. 8mm if you want circular.
I've forgotten this stuff.
But with the fisheye I want "circular" .. I guess. What exactly is circular - or is this just a DX crop image on the FX sensor?

This is for a FullFrame D750.

I see Nikon has a Nikon AF Fisheye-Nikkor 16mm f/2.8D too

Circular means it places a 180º image in a full circle.... the rest of the frame is black.

I rented both the Siggy 15 and Nikkor 16 to decide which to buy. The Siggy won out. Not by much, but it was a bit better.

A less expensive alternate would be what I have, a ProOptic 8mm f/3.5 if you are willing to give up the full-frame coverage and use it fully-manually. It works on my D3 and D4 (and D7000) but you would need to crop the image. I've had mine for years now and always have a ton of fun playing with it.

Circular means it places a 180º image in a full circle.... the rest of the frame is black.

I rented both the Siggy 15 and Nikkor 16 to decide which to buy. The Siggy won out. Not by much, but it was a bit better.

Did the Nikkor have the L37c on it? It makes a difference

Did the Nikkor have the L37c on it? It makes a difference

You mean behind it? No.

If you use a DX body, the ROKINON 8mm F3.5 is a great sleeper.

AF on a fisheye is nothing more than a luxury. Not needed in real world use. However if it makes ya sleep better..............

Thanks. I ended up getting a good deal from a TPF member on a Nikon 16mm f/2.8 AF-D lens. 7 straight blades.

Fisheyes are an interesting beast to learn to use artfully.
106301609_10222132481596698_8066106164100161211_o.jpg

Thanks. I ended up getting a good deal from a TPF member on a Nikon 16mm f/2.8 AF-D lens. 7 straight blades.

Fisheyes are an interesting beast to learn to use artfully.
106301609_10222132481596698_8066106164100161211_o.jpg

Just watch out for your feet!
I have tons of fun with mine but it is easy to catch your own feet in the shot when shooting near the horizon.

With a 16 on a FF at f4 everything from about 40 inches to Alpha Centauro is in focus.

I have a mf Canon fit one, I forget the make but it is a fairly cheap one and I find it perfect for my needs. I'll dig it out and post the make, I'm sure they'll do a Nikon fit too.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back