Recommendation for a monitor, true 8 bit, flicker free

Ocean12

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
Hi, I have very bad eye strain from screens, and just recently found that my eyes are very sensitive to color dithering. Based on my research i found that i need a true 8 bit monitor with 8 bit output and flicker free. I think this monitors don't have dithering. What monitor models do you recommend to me? Is there a better specification monitor for eye strain? Thanks

KmH

In memoriam
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Website
kharrodphotography.blogspot.com
Photos OK to edit
GRAPHICS: Dithering

Dithering is used to randomize quantization error, preventing large-scale patterns such as color banding in images.
Quantization is involved to some degree in nearly all digital signal processing, as the process of representing a signal in digital form ordinarily involves rounding. Quantization also forms the core of essentially all lossy compression algorithms.

I think you would do better with a display capable of a bit depth greater than 8-bit so color banding is less likely or visible.
However, 8-bit displays are not as expensive as higher bit depth displays.

So what is your spending budget?

OP
O

Ocean12

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Photos NOT OK to edit
Hi Keith! Budget is not an issue, i just want to find a monitor that is comfortable for my eyes. Im using a macbook pro, i think it have 8 bit output.

Thank you

Most reactions