Recommendations for photo labs?

KrisHunt

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can someone recommend a good print lab that isn't too expensive? I've used places like Sam's Club and Walgreens for my own personal photos, and for the most part they've turned out fine, but I'm about to start selling prints and I thought I should look into more professional options. I'm particularly interested in silk papers. Do photo labs ever send out sample packs so I can show my clients the available paper finishes?

Yes, pro labs will make desktop size samples of their prints from your photos on their standard papers, but not on specialty papers like silk based paper.
As far as paper samples or print samples on specialty papers you usually have to pay for those.
Silk paper require inkjet printing and you may have to do the printing yourself.
Prosumer grade inkjet print machines start at about $600 or so and you can get specialty paper from places like silk print paper | B&H Photo Video
Notice that is a 17" x 39 foot roll of paper, so you would need a printer that has a 17" carriage.

If you're not already aware of the technical considerations related to print making using inkjet printers, you should find the information in this inexpensive book helpful even if you don't do your own printing - Fine Art Printing for Photographers: Exhibition Quality Prints with Inkjet Printers

I used:
Miller's Professional Imaging
Photo Lab | Photo Printing | Professional Photo Lab | H&H Color Lab
BRI Home page | Black River Imaging
WHCC - White House Custom Colour

As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back