Recommended, so here I am here!

james bowers

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
I use to live in NYC, and moved to Tennessee to start a more simple life. I do miss the city at times, but for the first time in a long time, I'm happy and really enjoy the fresh air here! I have more time for myself. Speaking of which allowed me to start a new hobby - photography! I just bought a new 24-70mm lens for my D810. Actually Adorama, where I bought this lens is the place that recommended I sign up here.

So, here I am. Good to meet you all!

Welcome aboard.

Welcome, I'm not to far south of you in North East AL. Things have been crazy for us the last few months, but normally we spend a lot of time in the Smokies.

Hello and welcome! Will be good to see some photos of the wide open spaces.

Welcome from Houston Tx, another of the states that do not have a state income tax. I have spent a fair amount of time in Tennessee and it is a beautiful state, friendly people, and a target rich environment for photographers with beautiful state parks, and great cities like Nashville.

Another photo forum you might want to look at is uglyhedgehog.com

The 24-70mm is a great choice for a D810. Enjoy.

Welcome James. Where about in Tennessee are you? I'm in the middle of East Tennessee near a wide spot in the road known as Ten Mile.

10 Mile? In Roane County? I live in Knoxville. Been here since 1994. Originally from WV.

10 Mile? In Roane County? I live in Knoxville. Been here since 1994. Originally from WV.
That's the place Scott. Your name sounds familiar. I ran a repair shop in Knoxville, then later moved it to Kingston. I closed in 2000 when I saw digital putting me out of business and started a second career as a high school Math teacher. I'm semi-retired now, working part time at Pellissippi State.

I am a real estate appraiser by trade and used to do a lot of work in Roane County. I've been around for a long time.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back