Recovering Data from CF Card?

CanonSnob

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
www.jadamphotography.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
I have lots of problems right now. Another issue from my other post if you read it. One of my memory cards from the shoot tells me "No More Producing Folder" Any idea on that. I've heard you can recover images from CF cards in some manner. Hope So!

When I bought my CF cards they came with a disc that allows you to 'recover' lost pics, try googling the name of your cf card and the words recovery, maybe it will turn up something.

Hope you find some software

on second thoughts go to a reputable website that sells cmaera equipment or regular store and see if they have new memory cards the same brand as what you have, and see if they have them that comes with the recovery disc, and just buy it...

Sorry to hear about your problems, My old High School Graphic Arts teacher called me in the other day, she had 4 CF cards fail in 3 different rebels in the span of a week. What brand you using? The ones the school owns are scandisk.

Sandisk are top of the market in SD cards and to be honest if you get them online and not from shops they are easily affordable (a lot of shops markup the price on them considerably).
For the school I would say they should really change brands - 4 in one week is unacceptable.
As for the OP what brand is the card - there might be a good recovery software out there for it

Sorry to hear about your problems, My old High School Graphic Arts teacher called me in the other day, she had 4 CF cards fail in 3 different rebels in the span of a week. What brand you using? The ones the school owns are scandisk.

the CF card is a SanDisk UltraII 1GB. Thanks for your help. If I can get these photos of this disk it means a lot of money, that I really need right now, that I wont have to forfeit.

From my event that I didn't get home from till 3am to a race starting at 8am I shot over 100mi away from where I live. I've yet to get home load some of this software on my desktop. But when I do I'll let you guys know how it goes. Thanks a mill! :hail:

Go to the SanDisk site they will have the recovery utility there for sure.

Talked to sandisk. They recommended, or more so told me, to use LC Technology Recovery Pro. Worked like a charm, and I have all my images back. Cost $40 but that's a lot less than what I would have had to give up if I couldn't provide the client will all the images from the show.

Funnily enough I've only ever had one CF card fail in many years of using them, and guess what - it was a Sandisk. I hadn't lost any data but I couldn't write anything to it, so I just junked it. Maybe I could have recovered it. I have a range of CF cards in cameras and other devices (about 7 devices at present) and now steer clear of Sandisk. I've never had another problem.

I would also not re-use any card that has failed, even if you were able to recover anything. Also, if you have other cards that have been getting the same amount of use, it might be safest to replace those, too. The cards seem to fail after a certain point, and if you bought them at the same time, they can all fail in quick succession (like in AmericanJesus' Anecdote). I've heard really good things about the card recovery software, though. Good luck!

I have never had a single problem with a Sandisk but, have had a Lexar die on me. But then again that was a few years ago. With the amount of cards produced by everyone, Im amazed there arent more failures.

Most reactions

Back