bulldurham

TPF Supporters
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Website
www.flickr.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Funny birds to watch hunt because unlike the Anhinga or Cormorant, they don't go completely under water but rather just duck the head down enough to follow a hapless fish.

Red-Breasted-Merganzer.jpg

RBM-Hunting.jpg

I enjoy looking at these amazing pictures.

Very nice! I've been seeing a lot of them lately but the light has not cooperated.

good shots. they will certainly dive completely underwater when they need to... that's very common in deeper water. judging by how muddy the water looks in that second shot, i'm not sure it could see a fish anyway!

I've seen them go almost all the way under but not totally...the water here is stained by tannin's and while discolored, not at all muddy.........though it will be later today when the tall surf blows in behind all the thunderstorms.

Lovely, so amazing, good Job!

Very nice! Great timing on the 2nd.

I've seen them go almost all the way under but not totally...the water here is stained by tannin's and while discolored, not at all muddy.........though it will be later today when the tall surf blows in behind all the thunderstorms.

tannin? wow... we see that here sometimes in small streams.... the water looks a bit like root beer, or weak coffee... brown, but you can easily see through it. looking at the wake behind the bird in #2, it looks like he's swimming in chocolate milk! i see these guys mostly in salt water, and occasionally in lakes where it's deep enough for them to dive for their prey... or to escape a thieving seagull!

He was only about two feet from shore so was churning up a lot of water and sand.

great picture, long time since i've seen one.

Most reactions

Back