Red Flower (caution: clichéd)

awe

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
I know it's not exactly a new subject, but I was feeling like photographing these flowers while taking a walk. What do you think?

unlike TCimages im not a fan of the petals leaving the frame, its distracting and makes it hard for my eye to travel all around.

although i am all for the black boarder i think if you did sme burning of the background and ONLY left the flowers and ditched the green it could look really nice

good shot though

Shot is off da hook!

haha, i love it, very creative!

I'm liking the petals outside the frame too. This may be a stupid question, but how did you do that?

Also, I've been curious about the frames that others have chosen. I'm wondering what programs or plug ins are folks using for the frame object.

The petals out of the frame is different, but I don't like how the bottom and top petal do and almost touch the edge of the photo...

Clever PP.

Great shot. :)

Thanks for all your answers.

@One Sister: regular frames are easy in Photoshop. You just have to expand the canvas size. In the dialog, you can choose the color.
In my case, I actually had to mask the background on the right and at the bottom. For shapes such as this one, you can use the pen tool.

@Harmony: You're right, it could use a little bit more space...

Anybody know what flowers these are?

Very vivid colours, good focus, lovely light, and the petals reaching into the frame adds something quite noteworthy to the photo.

To me they look like wide open tulips, blooming at their fullest, shortly before they die.

Oh, so THAT's a tulip! See, I know next to nothing about flowers :) Thanks for taking the time to comment on the picture. I knew you would like the green in the background ;)

Most reactions

New Topics

Back