Red Hat

usayit

No longer a newbie, moving up!
Reaction score
North New Jersey, United States of America
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Nope not the linux distro but another great reason one should always have a camera. I was visiting my cousin in Princeton and she took me to this outdoor museum/park ( not really sure what its called ) that was really interesting. She was walking ahead of me as I paused at an exhibit. As I turned around she was walking through the walk way with her bright red hat and purse. Seeing a surprise photo-op, I quickly pulled out my sony DSC-U10 mini digi cam and snapped this picture. It was the only picture I took that day but it turned out great.

47577018.jpg

It was the only picture I took that day but it turned out great.

i agree... but i believe you are just trying to get our admin guy to comment on this with that title.. :D

seriously, though you say its a 'quick shot' i love the composition on this! Though my eyes are a bit groggy this morning... its a bit of an eye feast i am noticing a lot of subtle details and geometry everytime i turn to the picture - yet the red hat lady still remains the subject in the picture.

I am just wondering what it would like like with white fluffy clouds in the sky - something that you would have no control over when you took the shot. Just something to balance the geometric lines. I am not saying this shot needs it, i stands well alone. I really like it- especially because its reall really different from anything that has been posted here before! good work mate!

vonnagy said:
especially because its reall really different from anything that has been posted here before! good work mate!

Are you saying we are boring? :cry: :wink:

I do agree though... I like the picture. Sometimes the ones we take really fast are the ones that end up catching our eye. Way to go with having a camera handy. :)

Good idea and nice colors.

I would suggest cropping out the blue sky and some of the foreground. Either creating a square image or a horizontal rectangle. This would simplify the image and increase the relative size of the person. The big bright blue sky competes with the tiny red hat. Also the proximity of the sculpture to the person makes the image seem busy in the center, but I know you were shooting on the fly. It's hard to make people wander in front of clean backgrounds.

it reminds me of a MC Eshcer drawing
cause the object in the center of the courtyard looks to be behind the wall that she is standing next too. but you can see that the very top of it goes in front of the wall bu it's only the lamp. very kool not sure about the setup of the shot but i like that effect

I have looked at this picture a few times in several different places and it just seems to me like the colors may be a little dull somehow. Like to much orange or something. I just think that there might be a way to make it sparkle a little more. Just a thought.

usayit said:
Where else have you seen the picture?
IIRC, I have not posted anywhere else.

Oh...Sorry, I meant that I have been on several different computers looking at this pict. No, it is very original... I didn't mean to say it wasn't.

Most reactions

Back