Red if by night...

JWellman

No longer a newbie, moving up!
Reaction score
Website
www.jwellmandesigns.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
I caught this kite being flown right at sunset. It reminds me of the old saying, "Red if by night...sailor's delight!"

sunset_ship.jpg

I wondered where you've been.

Great kite! (another hobby of mine lol)

I love the silhouette. I wonder how it would look portrait crop to either side of the subjects?

I'm not a mariner, but I believe the saying is...
Red sky at night, sailor's delight.

Cool kite silhouette.

I wondered where you've been.
Taking every freakin' photo under the sun. I should have done a weekly project instead of daily. It's really starting to get difficult. I took a photo of cow today...now how sad is that? :er:

I bought a new lens that I'm attempting to learn. It's not going very well but it's only been three days. I posted a couple shots with it the first day I got it but the topic didn't get many replies. Another topic I posted got zero responses so what can say, I'm either boring as dry toast or my photos totally suck. :lol:

Oh well, I just keep clickin' -

For you Bitter!
IMG_9511.jpg

I'm not a mariner, but I believe the saying is...
Red sky at night, sailor's delight.....

........Red sky at morning, sailor take warning.

My first though was "Fake!"

So was it a good photo of a cow?

Don't be discouraged!
Your doing a 365? Tough challenge, but good for you!
I went back to see your zero response thread, but you removed the pics :mad:
Keep posting, not every pic is a winner, but at the very least a learning experience.

Your doing a 365?
Oh yes, and it’s kicking my butt! Unfortunately I didn’t hear about the idea until late in January so I didn’t get started until the 29th. I’ve seen a few other 365 projects and they just take random photos of whatever they can find. I’ve been a little more particular and find that I’m wasting way too much time. I need to try and find stuff, shoot it and then get on with my day but so far that hasn’t been the case.

Totally off subject but I was reading something someone said to a member yesterday in the ‘noob’ section. He told her that the only way she was going to learn was to practice, versus reading on the forum or in books.

In some ways I agree because the 365 day project has really changed my perspective. I find that I’m constantly on the lookout whereas before it wasn’t nearly as important.

On the other hand I disagree with his statement because no one is telling you how to improve your photos. The effort seems rather moot if you aren’t doing things correctly. I could take 100 photos a day but if no one is correcting me, what’s the point?

That’s one of the reasons I decided to look into classes. I really don’t want online courses. I want a physical school to attend. If not classes than I want to train under someone who knows what they are doing. I don’t care about making money in photography. It’s never crossed my mind. What I want is to develop my vision artistically...if that’s even possible... but more importantly to do it correctly.

The cow was a cow... what can I say? However she was the best model I've ever had. :D

Now to go and try and find something for today...

Most reactions

New Topics

Back