2013engage-amber-mark-rr-042.jpg

2013engage-amber-mark-rr-055.jpg

2013engage-amber-mark-rr-059.jpg

2013engage-amber-mark-rr-162.jpg

you can see more from this session here
red rocks engagement photography

and my site here
Pixil studio -photographer
Thank you for stopping by and leaving a comment (good or bad)

Last edited:
I think they're great. Maybe if you posted them in the "People" gallery you might get more critique.

Great photos! Especially love the first two, very nice, great colours.

Nice shooting, and you caught some nice light!

I think they are slightly undersaturated.
In #3 they sort of meld with the background and her face is too dark.
I would suggest sharpening only the people, saturating a bit and lightening her face

2013engage-amber-mark-rr-059llll.jpg~original

Love the composition of #4, but would like to see more pop from the sky, and detail in the barn roof - it is a bit too white.

I really like the crop of #3 over #2, because #2 is starting to remind me of a vacation snap.

IMO, the light was not all that great.
More fill light would have eliminated the - been on a bender - looking dark eye sockets.
The high light angle form the Sun puts her face in his shadow and makes dark shadows from their lower eyelids.

Flash would have helped to separate the subjects from the background too from am ambient to flash lighting ratio perspective. That's called 'pop'.
I see the pin light in the center of their pupils from an on camera flash.

I subtracted 1/2 stop of exposure from the background, did some editing in their eye sockets, and cloned out that dark line on her neck.

2013Aengage-amber-mark-rr-059.jpg

Last edited:
I really like them, but agree that some fill flash would have helped separate them from the background more.

Regards,
Jake

I did use a flash with a stoffen. its turned down a bit because i didnt want to light up the fore ground too much and create shadows from the grass. i like the travelers edit. the good new is that most fixes can be done in post

Most reactions

New Topics

Back