Reflection in Okinawa

gckless

No longer a newbie, moving up!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Just ordered my first metal print from Bay Photo, 12"x24". This was taken in Okinawa in 2012 (just did a re-edit), right before they put a very large Hilton on the other side of this bay and probably ruined this shot (haven't been back to this specific location with a camera since). 25 second exposure on this one, f/16, ISO250, with a D7000. Unhappy that I went with ISO250 on this, I was still in my early days of shooting. It's not terrible, but I could have used the extra noise reduction.

How many of you have ordered on metal, and what were your thoughts, especially compared to prints or canvas?

Also, and a little late since I already ordered, but what do you think of exposure level? Is it too dark? Tried lighter but the sky looks weird when I increase shadows or overall exposure.

Any other C&C appreciated.

I like the look and exposure, 'though I think some of the highlights could have been toned down just a tad.

Looks good to me!

I've only had a few metal prints done, some came out better than others but I think thats more to do with my choice of subject more than anything else

I like the look and exposure, 'though I think some of the highlights could have been toned down just a tad.

Ya know, I actually did that a bit, and would have went a little farther, but I heard on metal highlights can actually look a little low. No idea how true this is, guess I'll find out when it gets here.

Looks good to me!

I've only had a few metal prints done, some came out better than others but I think thats more to do with my choice of subject more than anything else

Thanks! What subjects did you think came out good, and bad?

Wow beautiful. I really love Japan so I enjoyed all your Japanese related galleries.
I personally think the cranes in the foreground do not really match the colourful scenery since they're so dark.
It says your photos are OK to edit so...
DSC_4073-3-XL_zps8m4hvtpz.jpg

This is just my opinion though.

Last edited:
Wow beautiful. I really love Japan so I enjoyed all your Japanese related galleries.
I personally think the cranes in the foreground do not really match the colourful scenery since they're so dark.
It says your photos are OK to edit so...
DSC_4073-3-XL_zps8m4hvtpz.jpg

This is just my opinion though.

How did you remove them? I still see some small remnants in the lower portion, and usually if I can't totally remove something I won't do it. That's just me though, my own preference. I don't have PS though, so I'm limited to what LR can do to remove things, which isn't super powerful.

But I agree the image looks better overall with those gone.

Yep. I used Photoshop CS5 to remove them with the cloning tool and some use of the mixing tool to remove some obvious patch edges. I didn't really put much effort into editing it so there will be some leftovers haha. Here's a better version if you want to see everything gone.
DSC_4073-3-XL_zpsb6vssrob.jpg

I'm sill here in oki.... I used to go here o this part of the sea wall... but I agree the Hilton ruined this

Most reactions

Back