Reflections in the pond

tb2

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
I went looking for semi-abstract shots in the garden today. I returned with lots I erased, and also this one of the pond. It shows lilies pushing up through the water and the reflection of a dark sky that soon poured with rain.

Tony

For more info: http://photoreflect.blogspot.com/2008/05/myths-mirrors-and-ponds.html

Lily-pond.jpg

A very interesting shot there, I reall like it where you have the blue sky just peaking through the dark clouds - very nice!
I think the sun though spoilt the lefthand side just a little with the water reflection, if you ever get to try again I would try and wait for the sun to be hidden behind a cloud and then shoot.

Thanks for the kind comment Overread. In fact I made a point of waiting for the sun to make a filtered appearance on the left of the frame because I wanted the contrast that a full tonal range gave to the image as well as some of the translucent effects that accompany it.

Regards, Tony

I really like this shot, nice job to capture depth and great colors.

I like the interplay of light and dark on the diagonals in this pic. There's an almost ethereal feel to it.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back