Reflections of Williams Mine

John E.

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Pictures taken at the first light of dawn with the sun behind my back. I was torn between the two so I posted both. :)

IMG_3166-02b.jpg

IMG_3154-01b.jpg

Wow, John. Awesome shots. I can not decide which one I like better. They are both equally as good as each other.

nice work John. the reflection in the first is throwing me a bit...what did you do? i prefer the second. well done as always sir!

Thanks guys

Raymond I woke up at 3:00 am to get there before dawn to take the picture, I rarely get up that early except to take photographs.

JonMikal the 2nd picture was the first taken, on the 1st picture a slight breeze started up, I also used a smaller aperature setting which increased the exposure time.

#2 for me, definitely.
#1 is nice too, but I can't figure out the reflection in the water.

I like #1, mostly because you can not figure out the reflection. makes you think a little "how did he do that?"

I bet there is more than one office wall on that site that your photo should be hanging on.

I have never seen that mine site look so good. Well done.

:thumbsup:

I can see why you had a hard time picking only one, I did too. If I had to pick I think there is something about the second I like a bit better, maybe because the reflection is clearer.

Thank you for the replies and for looking .

Photo gal, must say the company would have lovely, but not sure if you would want to be there the way horde of mosquitos feasted on my blood. :crazy:

Picksure said:
I bet there is more than one office wall on that site that your photo should be hanging on.

I have never seen that mine site look so good. Well done.

:thumbsup:

Thank you Picksure, I am going to try to send it to the president of the corporation and their marketing dept.. I have not seen many mine sites presented in this fashion.

I couldn't pick! I like the first one because of the effect of the reflection, yet I like the second one for the clarity of the reflection! I am absolutely no help. I bet the pres. of the mine will be really impressed with either of these shots. They are both great!

Hey Chiller, doesn't it kinda remind you of one of the factories up at the end of Coronation St. Maybe another side challenge for you as you wait for a crow to smile for you in a cemetary would be to try to match these awesome shots!

Most reactions

Back