What's new

Remember my bargain? Here are the pics!

Yeah, it's a great idea.

BTW, anyone got any suggestions on what film is best for general shooting? I know Velvia 50 is great for landscapes but what about just anything?

For general stuff go with anything the store has. I really like Fugi Superia 200, it just looks nice.

You can get some cool effects by buying slide film and having it processed at a negative film palce. (It might be the other way around...or it might work both ways..Ive never personaly done it) Its called "Cross Processing" I love the way it looks, and regularly replicate it in CS4 :D

Ok, the store around here only carry Kodak 400, Fuji 200, and Fuji 400 Superia. I'll have a look at Adorama. The cross processing thing sounds cool, I'll try it. I did a search and it's both ways I think. Also, how is it done in pp? Anyway, thanks for your help!

I prefer Fujifilm for some reason...i dont know why....but whatever the store caries will by good for general stuff...

A lot of image editing programs have a cheasy preset that works if your lazy...
I like using the curves in photo shop to do it.

Heres a tutorial I found, it explains it better than I can...
Adobe Photoshop Tutorial | Digital Photography | Cross Processing | Create High-Contrast Photos | Layers Magazine

Any program that has a curves setting will work, doesnt nescesarily HAVE to be photoshop....

Usually a vignette is also added. Most programs have a tool or filter for doing that.
 
You could just crop out the black bars to your suiting. I think it's caused in the film developing process but I really have no idea. I just know that my girlfriend got some photos developed from her Canon AE-1, she had the same thing happen. It may have just been the old film.
 
Hi...Black lines look like over cutting from the 35mm film.....just need a rule and a stanley knife and cut it off....Not a fault :sexywink:
 
You could just crop out the black bars to your suiting. I think it's caused in the film developing process but I really have no idea. I just know that my girlfriend got some photos developed from her Canon AE-1, she had the same thing happen. It may have just been the old film.

Ok, I see. Problem is that it was new film. Wal-mart probably just botched it up. Oh and EhJsNe, thanks for that tutorial!
 

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Log in

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom