What's new

Renaming Images

Gaerek

No longer a newbie, moving up!
Joined
May 2, 2009
Messages
1,341
Reaction score
98
Location
Tucson, AZ
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
I was wondering if anyone knows of a program (free if possible) that will rename image files based on the metadata. So instead of IMG_XXXX.jpg, I can rename the files like yymmdd_xxx.jpg. Obviously, this would need to be a process that will do a bunch at one time. I have thousands of files that I never bothered changing the names of and I'm going through the process of organizing them and I realize that I want more descriptive file names. I wish this was something I would have bothered with earlier, but of course, hind sight is 20/20.

I currently have PSE7, and I looked for that functionality there, but couldn't find it (maybe just missed it). Thanks for any help.
 
Batch File Rename

If you still can't figure it out, a good (free) software for this would be Irfanview.
 
Heh, didn't see that. Not sure how I missed it. Thanks a bunch for the help there.
 

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Log in

Already have an account? Log in here.

New Topics

Back
Top Bottom