Rep...What Rep?

Lensmeister said:
"reps I had a few ...
but then again too few to mention."

From Sinatra .... ;)

So long as TPF is online then we all have good reps ...

SO LONG LIVE TPF !

Can't get that damn tune outta my head now! Been humming it sub-conciously all afternoon! :x

Thanks!:er:

Oooh, if we still had rep there would be some positive ones coming for your new webpage noname :mrgreen:

noname said:
Maybe it's gone because some people are given really bad reps...seems like there was someone here that had a full strand of red....hmmmmm

SPAM.

http://gallamorephotography.ifp3.com
What's up with the name change thingy? :hertz:

I didn't recognize the name right away in the link, but I knew who it was as soon as I saw the photos. ;) Then I went back and actually read your home page...you know...the one with your name on it :blushing:

You don't play with us any more?!

noname said:
Maybe it's gone because some people are given really bad reps...seems like there was someone here that had a full strand of red....hmmmmm

SPAM.

http://gallamorephotography.ifp3.com
girl...

if you're going to leave us...

you might as well give up...

because we aren't going to let you... :p

Ok guys, here is the deal with the rep.

I was thinking about things in general and decided to make the change late the other night. There are a number of reasons why I decided to make the change, and for the time being, it is going to remain the way it is now.

The reputation points started out as a good way of determining who are some of the most or least respected members and a nice way of rewarding those who you feel earned positive points, but I believe that has recently changed. For months, the maximum about of positive rep that people had earned maxed out at around 4 or 5 of the little green bars. Over the past month or two, people have exceeded that by 2 or 3 times. Unfortunately, in my view, the reputation system has become more of a popularity contest than a valid system for feedback.

Removing the reps is in no way a punishment as some have suggested. It is merely my choice towards removing something that I believe has become a distraction. I understand many of you really enjoyed the reputation feature, but I am sticking with this decision for the time being.

Lastly, this is a very simple version of a more complex thought process that resulted in this decision. I'll understand that many of you may want to plead your case on this, but please understand that this is the direction we are heading in for now.

I appreciate the level of interest and enjoyment you all have in the forum and will thank you in advance for your understanding on this.

-Chase

Hi my name is slickhare, and i'm a rep-a-holic. It's been about 3 days since my last rep. I almost had another green pip....but now no more. *sobs* I really felt loved! *sniffle* I guess it's all for the best. God I need a fix!

Most reactions

New Topics

Back