Repair broken, or buy new?

adiutor

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Hi, my old fuji finepix s5600 is broken (focus error) and repair would cost 70$,
i don't know should I repair it or buy a new camera like olympus sp620 or in that range?
please some advice...as you see I'm on a budget
wink.png

Last edited:

Tailgunner

No longer a newbie, moving up!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
I'm not familiar with the fuji finepix s5600 and can't really find any for re-sale to gauge by. I like having two cameras, one as a back up and thus want to say buy a new on and have the old on fixed. I'm just not sure if the Fuji is worth repairing though. I've owned a lot of Point an shoot Olympus cameras to know Olympus makes a quality camera but I suggest buying a Nikon or Cannon...preferably a Nikon since a lot of their lenses will function on most of their cameras...you may have to manually focus a few but they work. You can pick up a nice refurbished D3100 kit for around $350 or a Cannon EOS Rebel T3 for $340 through Adorama. If that's out of your range, you can pick up a refurbished Nikon Coolpix models ranging from $99-269.

480sparky

Chief Free Electron Relocator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Website
www.imaginationimagesofiowa.com
Photos NOT OK to edit
My theory is... if the cost of repair is less than 75% of the cost of a replacement, then buy a replacement.

That's for apple-to-apple items only. Meaning, if a D4 will cost $1500 to fix, I shouldn't just buy refurb D600 instead.

curtyoungblood

No longer a newbie, moving up!
Reaction score
Photos NOT OK to edit
My theory is... if the cost of repair is less than 75% of the cost of a replacement, then buy a replacement.

Did you mean more than 75%?

Most reactions