replacement batteries

KaraM

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Would you recommend staying with the brand name (Canon) batteries, or do you think using aftermarket ones would be fine for my Rebel XTi? What aftermarket brand would you recommend?

Thanks

well, I stuck with Canon only so far.

But don't buy Canon on EBay, as there you get things labelled as Canon which are not .. and which are worse than aftermarked brands ;)

I guess any aftermarked brand which is sold in serious shops on Highstreet is probably OK-ish.

I got these opteka batteries and battery grip. They have been great so far. You will have to look and see if you can get just the batteries. All I saw with a fast search was with the grip.
[ame]http://www.amazon.com/Opteka-Battery-Grip-XT-Batteries/dp/B000G3KLPA/ref=sr_1_1/002-9982803-3090431?ie=UTF8&s=electronics&qid=1173574217&sr=1-1[/ame]

i have a silver back up batt from sterlingtech. it seems to work fine. i think i overpaid for it, but that doesnt compromise the performance.

i once bought a cheap battery for my nikon compact - it was dreadful. after only a few charges it would only last about a dozen shots then need recharged. That was for a compact.
I've bought an aftermarket non-Canon battery for my Canon 20D from B&H after it was recommended by the salesman. It was great and i still use it to this day and it's about 2 years old.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back