Repost, Planning for a trip

iski12345

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
(I put this post first in the general canon forum but moved it to the Canon Lens Section because a lens inquiry)
I have been doing a ton of research lately on different lenses and have had myself settled on a Sigma 150mm 2.8 Macro (mostly because my wife really likes macro). She enjoys macro but I would not say that she is super into into it. She does almost entirely flowers. And she will alsmost never take a tripod. I thought that if I got her the Sigma 150 she might really start getting more into macro. But at the same time I really don't know if she would want a real expensive lens to dedicate just to taking photos of flowers. (Although Overread did tell me in a different thread that the sigma 150 could be used for some landscape photos and some general work) Which is why I am still keeping this as an option.

We have been planning a trip to Greece this summer and we both thought that it would be nice to have another zoom lens. Currently we have a 60d with a 18-135 kit lens. I have recently been thinking that maybe we should get a 70-200mm f4 for the trip. But I know that this is not at all a macro lens at all. So we would still not have a lens for her to take the kinds of flower pictures that she would like to take. Then last night I came across a site that discussed a couple of macro options (for beginners) that I thought might work for us. The options were the 500d close up lens, Kenko extension tubes, and they also mention extenders...

I am just looking for input on these options. What I really want is to have two lenses that I can take to Greece that will allow my wife and I to take a variety of different shots and not have to buy both the sigma and the 70-200. If you were me what would you do?

Thanks

I'd go for either the sigma or tamron 70-200 f/2.8 macro if macro is only a for fun thing. Then if you want to get even closer add a set of tubes to it.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back