Reptilia

goodguy

Been spending a lot of time on here!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Went to a reptile zoo called reptilia and considering all my shots were taken of reptiles behind glass I was pretty happy with results.

AE1_7612-1_zps6f87d9fb.jpg

AE1_7621_zpsef8263fb.jpg

AE1_7647_zps4b3caea7.jpg

AE1_7660_zps9b61af44.jpg

AE1_7670_zps59666fe3.jpg

AE1_7671_zpsf08045c3.jpg

AE1_7713_zpsbf0699d2.jpg

AE1_7715_zpsa34e3e13.jpg

AE1_7724_zpsda3e7849.jpg

I like them, but something going on there with the focus

Woah I went there today haha that's so funny

What lens did you use?

I like them, but something going on there with the focus

Nothing is going on with the focus, as I said I shot through glass, focus was a serious problem, all the animals are in glass cages and I was forced to do my best to get good sharp shots, about 50% were completely unusable and the ones that came out good were still not in 100% good focus but are very usable.

Woah I went there today haha that's so funny

That is funny :)

What lens did you use?
All shots were taken with my Nikon 24-70mm 2.8G with f2.8 and 1/50

Extremely well done, great series. Shooting through glass is a serious challenge and you passed with flying colors :thumbup:

Love the last one the best as well. And that little green snake is just gorgeous! I want to take him home! Seriously, if I didn't have to feed them mice or bugs, I'd totally have a snake.

I ended up getting a lot of noise in my photos unfortunately I did get a few good ones I'll have to show you.

Great series GG - Love #3 and the last one in particular. The narrow DOF on that last shot just really looks great. Amazing stuff my friend.

Extremely well done, great series. Shooting through glass is a serious challenge and you passed with flying colors :thumbup:

Love the last one the best as well. And that little green snake is just gorgeous! I want to take him home! Seriously, if I didn't have to feed them mice or bugs, I'd totally have a snake.
Thank you all for the positive feedback :)

I like the one of the green snake looking at us. Love the colors and the focus is pretty good on that one. Also... GILLA MONSTER! (however you spell it) I love those guys. Or is that a dragon? Those are cool too.

Anyway... I think part of your problem is your DOF. I didn't look at the exif... were you wide open aperture on these? With some it looks like you were also very close, which will also affect DOF.

EDIT: Looking again, I think that's kimono dragon. :)

Really Nice Job goodguy and especially going through glass and still have good color and sharpness.:thumbup:

I like the one of the green snake looking at us. Love the colors and the focus is pretty good on that one. Also... GILLA MONSTER! (however you spell it) I love those guys. Or is that a dragon? Those are cool too.

Anyway... I think part of your problem is your DOF. I didn't look at the exif... were you wide open aperture on these? With some it looks like you were also very close, which will also affect DOF.

EDIT: Looking again, I think that's kimono dragon. :)

Shot at f2.8, very shallow DOF especially that I was forced to shoot VERY close to glass to try and minimize its blurring effect on picture.
Of course I would have loved to use a bigger aperture but due to low light condition I was forced to shoot at f2.8

Really Nice Job goodguy and especially going through glass and still have good color and sharpness.:thumbup:
Thank you, this is really thanks to my lens and camera, Nikon does do amazing equipment!!! :)

What about going higher ISO?

Most reactions

New Topics

Back