Corry

Flirtacious and Bodacious
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Website
corryttc.blogspot.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
I did a reshoot of the pics I did last week of Erik and I. I only have time to post one right now, but I'll post more when I get back. This is one of my favorites.

closeSMALL.jpg

um is that your bra showing? I'm sorry that bothers me .. LOL where is a blushing icon?

tkme4ard said:
um is that your bra showing? I'm sorry that bothers me .. LOL where is a blushing icon?

Haha...no, not my bra..it's the tank top I wear under that shirt...it was actually supposed to be showing just a bit more. I'll post more up in a bit... I just got home.

AIRIC said:
Nice shot. You guys always look so happy together and in love.

Eric

:) :) :) Thank you! I like hearing that! :)

AprilRamone said:
You don't smile with your teeth??? I think it looks good. Doing self portraits by yourself is hard enough, let alone with another person.

No..when I was younger I was a REEEALLY late at losing my teeth (I was in HIGH SCHOOL before I lost my top front teeth)....and I was always ashamed and embarrassed...so I still usually don't smile with my teeth. (Erik sure has a nice smile though, eh? ;) )

Oh, and by the way...this is a reshoot from the day we did this. This was the only pose that I could find that I really liked, but the lighting and everything else sucked that day...so...all of these shots are the same pose, with some zoomed in closer. I'll post the original one for last week from reference, and I'll post the others as soon as I get them edited and resized. :)

Last week:

ErikandmeSmall.jpg

When I post the others I would like your opinion on which one is best.

Ok...here they are....all very similar, but thanks to me not liking the way I look EVER, I think they're all bad! :lol: So...help me out, k?
005SMALL.jpg

002SMALL.jpg

004SMALL.jpg

001SMALL.jpg

003SMALL.jpg

008SMALL.jpg

006SMALL.jpg

007SMALL.jpg

And here's one of just Erik, taken when I was adjusting settings. :) I like it. I'm having it printed, and I'm gonna give one to his Mom.

ErikGazeSMALL.jpg

I think the very first one you posted is my favorite expression wise. Big difference in your lighting from the one last week as well. I think you're on the right track using more natural light, but the light still seems a bit flat to me. What was your set up lighting wise for these?

Window light coming in from one side, and two peices of foam core boards, a small one right in front, and a bigger one off to the side slightly as reflectors.

I think you might have more depth to the photos if you get rid of the one in front and position the one on the side as a fill to the window light. Hard to say without being there to actually see it, but it might be worth a shot. Like I said though, this lighting is a huge improvement over the last set!

Thanks Alison! I will try that. My thinking on putting one in front was to eliminate shadows, like around the eyes...but maybe I eliminated them too much then?

Oh, wow. What a wonderful improvement in lighting! Alison... you really think this is too flat? I do agree with the posing advice. It's nealy always better to pose a couple without lining ups the heads, one right over the other. If you put him in black too, you're gonna like the results even more.

You've gotta be pleased with the difference! Very nice.

-Pete

Good work!!! It is clear you guys are in love. The shadows on your face and the lack of light on Eric's is a little tough. Could be the light was a little too directional. Personally I like to position the fall off on the chin and cheek bones.

Christie Photo said:
Oh, wow. What a wonderful improvement in lighting! Alison... you really think this is too flat? I do agree with the posing advice. It's nealy always better to pose a couple without lining ups the heads, one right over the other. If you put him in black too, you're gonna like the results even more.

Maybe flat isn't the right word, something just seems a little off to me. Could just be the time of day too, perhaps morning or later afternoon light would bring a different feel. Or, maybe even just a little PS work to add some contrast or softer colors.

I too agree about the clothing, if you both dressed in a similar color that will change the look a lot.

But really, this is by far your best work Corry!

Most reactions

New Topics

Back