Residential Real Estate Example

manaheim

Jedi Bunnywabbit
Staff member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Here are some shots I took for a residential property earlier today. Keep in mind this house is actually still under construction and not inhabited.

==1==
Lot%2021%20Acton%20Ma%20-%20022%20-%20TrueSight.jpg

==2==
Lot%2021%20Acton%20Ma%20-%20054%20-%20TrueSight.jpg

==3==
Lot%2021%20Acton%20Ma%20-%20068%20-%20TrueSight.jpg

Hoo I've been photo busy today. :)

Very nice. I think you have done this once or twice! :lol: All available light? Not always easy but you made it look that way.

Looks nice. When can I move in?

I like the second and third, however; the first seems to look odd due to the pillar on the right. It looks very 1 dimensional and flattened. I'm not sure how to fix that.

Chris, you're the man!

I can't recall which forum, but somewhere I'd come across a link to really horrid real estate shots. OMG, you'd ROFL!

Your exposures are superb, with wonderful tone inside, and even the exteriors showing through the windows are perfect. And that's the big problem with most real estate photos.

If you don't mind sharing with the studio audience here, how did you manage to make perfect the interior and exterior exposures? I've read about HDR and tone mapping becoming more popular for just this sort of situation.

Very nice. I think you have done this once or twice! :lol: All available light? Not always easy but you made it look that way.

ha thanks... yes, I've done it exactly twice. :lol:

I think with this series I did all available light... I toy now and again with using a series of exposures with flash and without. I think the exposures with tend to give you a bit more even light, but then the ones without tend to be more dramatic.

Thanks for the compliment and the comments. :)

Looks nice. When can I move in?

Hey, it's on sale now! A mere $1.1M. (you know, the area I live in is admittedly pricey and this is definitely a nice home, but $1.1M is kinda out of whack by about $200K or so.

21 Fort Pond Rd, Acton, MA 01720 | MLS# 70941883http://www.mbthometeam.com/detail.asp?listingID=70941883&searchtype=byteam&agentid=BB803124

That's the listing- looks like they haven't put up the new (my) pictures yet.

I like the second and third, however; the first seems to look odd due to the pillar on the right. It looks very 1 dimensional and flattened. I'm not sure how to fix that.

Really? Funny. I totally don't see that, but ok. Interesting. Thanks for the comment.

P.S. a panorama in addition, would make this the best realty shooting ever.

Oh you know, I should have done that. That would have knocked their socks off. Good idea. Next time I'll toss one of those in. Thanks for the comment!

Chris, you're the man!

I can't recall which forum, but somewhere I'd come across a link to really horrid real estate shots. OMG, you'd ROFL!

Oh yeah, they can be -really- bad. That's my idea for getting into the business... try to bring some quality, because I know for a fact that good pictures sell a house more quickly.

Your exposures are superb, with wonderful tone inside, and even the exteriors showing through the windows are perfect. And that's the big problem with most real estate photos.

If you don't mind sharing with the studio audience here, how did you manage to make perfect the interior and exterior exposures? I've read about HDR and tone mapping becoming more popular for just this sort of situation.

I wish I could be more expansive about it, but that's really all it was... HDR/tonemapping with Photomatix... and I'm really pretty much a big noob at it. I've only done 10 or so, and I mostly just tinker with the controls as they seem appropriate... initially doing fairly wild shifts to get the gist of what the adjustment will do to the image, and then put it back and make gentle tweaks to get it right.

Very beautiful, subtle work Chris. I'm not a fan of garish HDR, but when done subtly, like yours here, it's perfect.

Most reactions

Back