resolution

ella

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
I was just wondering what the standard resolution is. I know 640x480 is snap shot size, but I'm wondering what should be the minimum for a "good" photo. I often keep mine on 1024x768, as I can get tons on my camera in one go, the next ones are 1600x1200 and 2048x1536. Is 1024x768 too small?

Thanks!

All depends on how you intend to use the pics. If you're just emailing them smaller sizes work well. If you're going to print them, more pixels is better.

Generally speaking anyway. ;)

i always go with the largest pixel size cause i never know if im gonna print it or use it for something important ... even if im just messing around :D ... u never know .. better safe than sorry

If you want to print the photos, the recomended resolution is 300 ppi (pixels per inch). 300 ppi is the standar resolution for "photo quality", but sometimes a less one will work. For web, 72 ppi is enought and remind the screens dimensions use to be 800x600

Dew said:
i always go with the largest pixel size cause i never know if im gonna print it or use it for something important ... even if im just messing around :D ... u never know .. better safe than sorry

Kind of like a quote I saw on another website" Always shoot RAW because memory is cheap, but precious memories are priceless"

You can always reduce the quality (size) of a digital file, but you can't increase it after the fact.

Most reactions

Back