resources?

JKnobelock

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
can anybody point me in the direction of some good resources to continue my learning? books, credible websites, anything... Im trying to find learing resources so when im on my break from school, i can keep learning new things to apply. Thanks in advance

Anything more specific that you are interested in?

I would have to say that a very good book is called " Fundamentals Of Photography" by Tom Ang. Great book for every aspect of photography.

Big Mike-as far as specifics, im not really sure, I mean, technically i dont have my own camera yet, both cameras i use right now are family members cameras, i find it lucky that im learning first on 35mm film, i guess things im looking for are pretty basic, lighting techniques, effects of shutter speed and aperture combinations, white balance effects, setting up a good composition. I usually try to learn a lot by trial and error, no better way to learn than by screwing up hahaha.

Photog- Thank you, thats a big help, completely spaced on searching the forums.

Kendo- Ill check that book out.

I was checking out Joe McNally's book, 'The Moment it Clicks', the other day. It's really awesome, but I would say it would be a tough read for beginners. He tries to explain himself a lot, and does a pretty good job, but I bet there would be alot that could go over people's heads. Not to mention that it's $55. So I didn't get it. I just read some and then put it back, but it was definitely really good.

Then of course, there's understanding Exposure, by Brian Petereson.

A few books have been mentioned. How about some website links for some reading.....

Digicamhelp
Shortcourses
Cambridge in Color
Luminous Landscape
All Things Photography
Photexels
Strobist
Digital Photography School

And finally, of course there's The Photo Forum's very own stickied thread, Links for Beginners.

That should get you a lot of reading during the break.

WOW, thank you, this will definately keep me occupied for the break, all the books mentioned so far are at a book store down the road too!!!!

Most reactions

New Topics

Back