Retain RAW settings when converting to DNG?

Mainer82

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
Hi,

I shoot in RAW (Canon 40D) and edit all photo's with Canon's Digital Photo Professional. I save those changes to the RAW file and then convert them over to JPG. I keep both files. I also Geotag my RAW files with GPS coordinates so when DPP converts the RAW file to JPG those coordinates are copied over as well.

Is there a way to convert a RAW file to say DNG (if I were to switch) and retain the tweaks I've made to the photo (color, brightness, etc and GPS)?

Ok... How? I guess I need to add that part to my original question. :S

In Lightroom 3, you just export to DNG. BAM, you're done. All adjustments made in LR3 are carried with the DNG file. At least when opening in ACR.

Again, my question is not being answered. I want to know if the edits I make in RAW in DPP that are saved to the RAW file can be CONVERTED over to DNG.

Again, my question is not being answered. I want to know if the edits I make in RAW in DPP that are saved to the RAW file can be CONVERTED over to DNG.

3rd post and already lost your temper...:er:

You may find what you are looking for in this link.
Google

BTW: welcome to the forum.:mrgreen:

No. You are not saving edits to your raw files and DPP doesn't covert to DNG. You need something like LR3.

Last edited:
Edits done in DPP are not seen by any other programs.
If you open an edited DPP edited RAW file in ACR or convert that RAW file to a DNG, none of the changes you made in DPP would exist.

DPP edits are only saved when using DPP.

Edits done in DPP are not seen by any other programs.
If you open an edited DPP edited RAW file in ACR or convert that RAW file to a DNG, none of the changes you made in DPP would exist.

DPP edits are only saved when using DPP.
That's what I was afraid of, I do not they are stored in the file as I can transfer the raw file to another computer and open the file in DPP and see the edits. Looks like I'll stick with DPP. Thaks for the advice.

Most reactions

Back