Retired

runnah

Staff member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
And much like being retired this photo doesn't seem to work. Any thoughts? I love the subject but can't seem to ever get a good angle or light.

retired by runnah555, on Flickr

retired2 by runnah555, on Flickr

Last edited:
I'm thinking rotate a little more camera right. Shoot a little bit more directly towards the side of the truck and then clone out the branches. I would also try and shoot at sunset instead, as I think it would go better with the overall theme. I'm guess this is early morning, so sunset light should light the side nicely if I'm correct, and maybe a fill flash for the front? I have no idea what is beyond the frame of this picture so it's just a wild guess.

This is a wonderful subject. Have you considered getting up close to it and taking shots of certain parts of it for a triptych or something of that nature? I love old vehicles like this and exploiting their vintage aesthetics. I like the first one more than the second, btw.

This is a wonderful subject. Have you considered getting up close to it and taking shots of certain parts of it for a triptych or something of that nature? I love old vehicles like this and exploiting their vintage aesthetics. I like the first one more than the second, btw.

O hey tyler, I think you got too much sun for your avator this weekend ;)

I'm thinking rotate a little more camera right. Shoot a little bit more directly towards the side of the truck and then clone out the branches. I would also try and shoot at sunset instead, as I think it would go better with the overall theme. I'm guess this is early morning, so sunset light should light the side nicely if I'm correct, and maybe a fill flash for the front? I have no idea what is beyond the frame of this picture so it's just a wild guess.

It was sunset actually, you can see on the second shot the the right is boxed in by trees. I plan on going back in the morning to see if I can get better light.

O hey that is a great idea. I will have to try that next time.

when I see a photograph with that much, in shadow ,my first thought is "HDR" . An ocFlash could do a good job with the shadows as well ,but you fully already know that. I believe I would work this opp. till I achieved the final photo I have in my minds eye. I like the subject ,and it could appeal to many people thus SALES ! The lake /pond in the Bg ,has potential . Adds to the idea of "Retired ".

Before trying fill flash or HDR, why not try going back on a cloudy day?

Most reactions

New Topics

Back