retouching advice for beach shots

jasonkt

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Hi everybody,

I play around with photoshop plenty but don't have a plan when doing so, what would you suggest for a photo like this? Thanks!

nancyportrait2.jpg

A little shadow highlight tool, very subtle saturation, a crop and a mona lisa smile!
EDIT: Hey were did that other person's edit go? Funny stuff...

nancyportrait2-ADJ.jpg

-Shea

A small touch of photoshop. :)

nancyportrait2muoks.jpg

And converted to bw:

nancyportrait2bw.jpg

A little shadow highlight tool, very subtle saturation, a crop and a mona lisa smile!
EDIT: Hey were did that other person's edit go? Funny stuff...

Yes I remember that first edit that was posted. I thought it was over-saturated but appreciated the effort. Now, yours was a great improvement! Very nice crop, and the color came out great. Can you explain what you did exactly? Thanks!

I had posted an edit but somehow when I tried to edit it (the post that is) I could not save changes or get it to come back up.......the other here are better anyway

I did this one a bit different, did not even notice the splash behind her until the unsharp mask:

jasonkt-ADJ.jpg

jas-SH.jpg
jas-SAT.jpg

jas-USM.jpg

-Shea

wow. that's great! I really like it, what an improvement. thanks for giving me the specifics, also, now I have something to experiment with!

Here is my attempt at mimicking your edit. As you can see, I didn't find a way to correct the shadows/highlights like you did. I am working with photoshop 7, haven't gotten CS yet, is there an option I can use? I couldn't find it on my own and everything I googled related to CS. Behind the times, I know.

The unsharp mask is a tool I have not used before, and I was very impressed with the subtle yet important changes it made.

Thanks again for your advice!

nancyportrait3.jpg

Thought I would give it try. I wanted to bring her hair out a little more.

nancyportrait2x.jpg

wow, you really did bring the hair out, it looks great. Remember I'm not so good at retouching yet, what did you do to get that effect? Thanks!

Most reactions

New Topics

Back