reverse lens adapter?

Well that lense wasnt as expensive as I thought it might be. Have you guys used the macro extension tubes?

A much better option they have no optical elements, so therefore virtually no impact on the final image quality. If you buy the less expensive ones, you may lose auto metering/focus (not much use in macro work anyway).

Last question. Can you adjust the aperature with extension tubes?

Well that lense wasnt as expensive as I thought it might be. Have you guys used the macro extension tubes?

A much better option they have no optical elements, so therefore virtually no impact on the final image quality. If you buy the less expensive ones, you may lose auto metering/focus (not much use in macro work anyway).

It depends on the tubes; the higher-qualtiy, more expensive ones will have electrical contacts and give you full metering/stopdown capability, otherwise, you'll have to do it the old-fashioned way...

It depends on the tubes; the higher-qualtiy, more expensive ones will have electrical contacts and give you full metering/stopdown capability, otherwise, you'll have to do it the old-fashioned way...

Sorry but I dont know what the old fashion way is. Can you inform me. Thanks for amswering all of these questions!

Sorry but I dont know what the old fashion way is. Can you inform me. Thanks for amswering all of these questions!

Estimate the exposure, set the aperture on the lens, shoot, review, adjust, and repeat as necessary. Assuming that is, you have a lens which is fitted with an aperture control (In other words, NOT a Nikon 'G' series, or other mftr's equiv).

From a review of the Canon 100mm macro:

As it is a true 1:1 macro lens, the Canon EF 100mm f/2.8 USM Macro Lens will deliver a subject to your sensor at the same size it is in real life. 1x magnification is achieved at the MFD (Minimum Focus Distance) of 1' (.3m). It doesn't take a very big subject to completely fill the frame at this 1x magnification. The Canon 100mm macro allows a reasonable minimum working distance (MWD) of 6" (150mm) from the end of the lens (without the hood in place). Going further, extension tubes can take the magnification to 1.19x and 1.39x for 12mm and 25mm tubes respectively - at the expense of lost infinity focus

Here's the complete review:

Canon EF 100mm f/2.8 USM Macro Lens Review

This is making me think of buying a set of tubes.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back