What's new

Revisiting Old Shots

theraven

No longer a newbie, moving up!
Joined
Oct 16, 2012
Messages
677
Reaction score
102
Location
Stoke on Trent, Staffordshire, UK
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
I read something the other day about going back through all your unedited shots to look for the ones you missed or could edit better now. If your anything like me you go out, take umpteen shots and come home and edit the favorites/best. This article said go back over the shots a while after you took them and you can notice different things etc. So last night I revisited a few shots... :-)


Thought I'd share, feedback, as always, is quite welcome.


1

Manifold Valley by ravenphotography2012, on Flickr


2

Lichfield Cathedral by ravenphotography2012, on Flickr


3

Trees by ravenphotography2012, on Flickr


4

Lichfield Cathedral by ravenphotography2012, on Flickr


5

Chatsworth House by ravenphotography2012, on Flickr
 
The first two I'd really like to see in colour. 3,4 & 5 are leaning to the left quite noticeably, which is not such a big deal with the trees but the other two need a little straightening, imo. I really like the treatment in 5, not sure I can say the same of 4, though. I like the composition in 2 on the whole, only I would like to see more of the lower parts of the building (but perhaps it wasn't possible to get any further back). The distortion in this shot might be a problem for some, but I'm a wide-angle type of guy and don't have a problem with this.
 
The first two I'd really like to see in colour. 3,4 & 5 are leaning to the left quite noticeably, which is not such a big deal with the trees but the other two need a little straightening, imo. I really like the treatment in 5, not sure I can say the same of 4, though. I like the composition in 2 on the whole, only I would like to see more of the lower parts of the building (but perhaps it wasn't possible to get any further back). The distortion in this shot might be a problem for some, but I'm a wide-angle type of guy and don't have a problem with this.

Hey! :)

I took the colour out of the first two as the ground in the first one was all a very similar colour and boring, and the building in the second one lost a lot of detail to the eye as it was all brown.

I thought the trees needed straightening but when I put a grid on the bottom of them is straight?

The treatment in 4 is something I like on interior shots, it is personal preference though :)

In 2 it wasn't possible to get any further back as there was a tree behind that then draped over the camera.
 
I really like the structure on the last one. The first and last are my fav's of the group.
 
I thought the trees needed straightening but when I put a grid on the bottom of them is straight?

Maybe it's an optical illusion thing. Trees can be like that sometimes - you've got to watch them!
 
I thought the trees needed straightening but when I put a grid on the bottom of them is straight?

Maybe it's an optical illusion thing. Trees can be like that sometimes - you've got to watch them!

Yeah, that or you just look at a picture that long that it no longer makes sense!
 

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Log in

Already have an account? Log in here.

New Topics

Back
Top Bottom