Reworked coming out of the shadows..............

jwilly1

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
I reworked this one based on the critiques. I have included the before and after. After going back and looking at the files, her teeth are really that white. I removed the hair smoothing completely, took the eye brightness down a little, and removed any wrinkle cover up around the eyes. I also took the advice concerning her right hand and tried to clean it up a little. The mouth is slightly touched in terms of saturation. I backed off the "tan" also. Am I closer to "real"? If I do much of anything, I will be dumbing down the photo some. Any thoughts are appreciated. Maybe dumbing down is necessary sometimes? Thanks again!

BEFORE (TOO MUCH EDITING)
HANDS ON HIPS 5X7 DSC_0033.jpg

AFTER
HANDS ON HIPS (REWORK) FOR POST DSC_0033.jpg

Better. Still a bit too much under her left eye (IMHO) but definitely better. I'm not sure that I could do much better on the hand but it's still not ideal. Consider a recrop to a little above her wrist.

A tip that I worked out when working with PP: sometimes it's hard to get the skin just right, so I'll put the finished PP version into PS, open up the original (post lightroom), cut out the target section from the original, paste it onto the PP version and then fade it. That keeps the improvement but replaces the skin texture and allows you to adjust (for example) one eye when PP insists on doing both.

My best solution would be for you to put her on a plane and ship her over here to England so I could reshoot it for you and show you what I mean - just 'cos I like to be helpful... though my lovely wife/model/assistant might not be quite so keen. :586: :bek113:

2nd best solution would be for you to reshoot yourself bearing in mind what's been said. Happy shooting! :bouncingsmileys:

Most certainly better. Then what Granddad said. :)

Better. Still a bit too much under her left eye (IMHO) but definitely better. I'm not sure that I could do much better on the hand but it's still not ideal. Consider a recrop to a little above her wrist.

A tip that I worked out when working with PP: sometimes it's hard to get the skin just right, so I'll put the finished PP version into PS, open up the original (post lightroom), cut out the target section from the original, paste it onto the PP version and then fade it. That keeps the improvement but replaces the skin texture and allows you to adjust (for example) one eye when PP insists on doing both.

My best solution would be for you to put her on a plane and ship her over here to England so I could reshoot it for you and show you what I mean - just 'cos I like to be helpful... though my lovely wife/model/assistant might not be quite so keen. :586: :bek113:

2nd best solution would be for you to reshoot yourself bearing in mind what's been said. Happy shooting! :bouncingsmileys:
Thanks again for talking the time!

Thanks again for talking the time!
TAKING the time. Stupid phone..

Most reactions

New Topics

Back