rig car photography equipment


TPF Noob!
Feb 16, 2012
Reaction score
Hi Guys,

I would like to do some car photography in movement using a rig.
I just ordered a Manfrotto 241 Suction Grip with 5/8" Swivel Socket. (http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B000RTSMWC/ref=ox_sc_act_title_2?ie=UTF8&m=A17MC6HOH9AVE6)

My question is what do i need to buy to connect that 5/8" Swivel Socket (16mm) to my camera ?
ps : i could use my tripod head but i need something between the swivel socket and the tripod head, what is it ?

Thank you very much. :sexywink:

Nikon D300
As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.
I'm using 2 Avenger suction cups (made by manfrotto) with 3 super clamps and one magic arm.

Avenger F1000 Pump Cup with Baby Swivel Pin F1000 B&H Photo
Manfrotto 035RL Super Clamp with Standard Stud 035RL B&H Photo
Manfrotto 143A Magic Arm with Camera Bracket 143A B&H Photo

Two of the super clamps go on the suction cups and one on the magic arm. Purchase or make a long sturdy boom that the super clamps on the suction cups will hold and then place the magic arm on the end and the camera on that.

Just putting your camera on the suction cup and sticking that on the car will not give you very good angles of the car.

Most reactions