Right on time :D - New MOTW!!! Yay! Mansi!!!!!!

Was every other five year old girl so jealous that you had so many barbies?

How about a picture of your fridge? (That seems to be a typical enough question on here)

You got 3 job offers, but you're only there for another 2 months at the most...are you going to accept one and if so, which one and why?

Your 'street' photos have always blown me away. You seem to be able to get subjects to look at the camera, without any self-consciousness on their part. What is the secret to doing that? (eg. Are you so far away they don't know you're taking the picture? Or do you click a whole bunch 'til they're relaxed and aren't tense any more?)

Can you post one or two of your current favourite images please?

Have you ever heard of Montrose, CO?

How many licks does it take to get to the center Tootsie Pop?

klondice (sp?) is a pepperment chocolate candy.

Did you know that the average life expectancy of someone living in Andorra is 83.46 and that in Zambia it's 37.24?

hey guys sorry im slow with this stuff, just been helping around at home, reno and construction happening.. (sorry no fridge photos:p, the kitchen aint functioning for another 2-3 days... )

(hope i'm doing ok so far)

so here i go again:

Puscas:
Best 3 things about India?
1, its history 2, its culture and 3, its people :)

Worst 3 things about India?
1, the kids out on the street struggling to survive 2, the corruption 3, the politicians

Best 3 things about the US?
1, TPF is based there! :mrgreen: 2, umm 3, umm

Worst 3 things about the US?
not much i can say, iv only visited and yet to live there.

Take a picture of your favorite piece of jewelry (and tell us more about it)
i dont wear jewellery unless its a pair of earrings every now n then.. no favs

Ever picked up a hitchhiker? nopes, its not safe to do that here... but i have hitchhiked twice when i was in high school :lol::mrgreen:

Best compliment you ever got on a photo you made?
they all seem to be overwhelming, im not good at taking compliments i guess.. i can be very critical of my work.

Peanuts :D hi!
Was every other five year old girl so jealous that you had so many barbies?
ohhh totally :mrgreen: limited editions, the ones not available here and whatnot... lol
but i grew out of it faster then the time that i was into it...

How about a picture of your fridge?
heres the mini fridge, the main one along with most of the kitchen has been shut down for 2-3 days till we shfit to the new kitchen

thats my workstation in the bg

543678488_30a6568cc2_o.jpg

Anty Anty :hugs:
You got 3 job offers, but you're only there for another 2 months at the most...are you going to accept one and if so, which one and why?
I'm not taking up any... i just realise that i barely have time and im going on holiday too(next week), so im going to just spend as much time with friends and family cuz im not going to be back home for a really long time, and this is the first time that im actually going away from home.

Your 'street' photos have always blown me away. You seem to be able to get subjects to look at the camera, without any self-consciousness on their part. What is the secret to doing that? (eg. Are you so far away they don't know you're taking the picture? Or do you click a whole bunch 'til they're relaxed and aren't tense any more?)
Thanks Jeanne :)
Theres no secret to it really, i dont like shooting from far with a telephoto because im not comfortable doing that, i dont feel good taking photos of people when they dont know im shooting them and neither do i shoot a whole bunch and pick... well i do as and when i can.. but its not the case usually
There are different ways of approching people you want to take pictures of... you would normally have the camera around your neck so the subject knows that you are a photographer/tourist/enthusiast.
i usually strike a conversation, if its a kid on id talk to him/her but would also prefer to be in a situation where there parents are around... i do check with a mom/dad and ask if its ok to take photos and then concentrate on the child, ask if they go to school, what their names are, talk to them, tell them a funny something, just for them to open up and not be rigid... and then i ask if i can take a photo... if its a yes then i take a pic, show it to them... they get really excited to see it on the lcd and are then ready for more pictures(if its a kid on the street, its probably their first experience with the camera)... i often let them take a picture of me or of anything else that they want to... and thats how it is... its a happy moment for the photographer as well as the subject :)
often also, people, old people , grumpy people dont want photos taken when asked, its best to leave it at that... and thats what i would to...
if the language is a problem, like i have faced while travelling to other parts of india... still talk, be open, smile... point to your camera, check for a nod... and go with the flow... :)

i usually improvise every time, and every person i've come across is different so they need to be tackled differently... but most importantly,be patient, be considerate and be yourself.

Can you post one or two of your current favourite images please?
here goes, was taken on as a still photographer for a documentary film on the eunuch community... it was a mindblowing experience...
i cant show faces as a part of my verbal promise to them, to protect their privacy...

this is one of my recent faves, despite not having a colorful face to go with it, to me it brought my whole project together.

429243821_60a933206f_o.jpg

photos of my dog, milo :)
from a few minutes back...

_MG_3031.jpg

_MG_3035.jpg

_MG_3034.jpg

Mansi! :sun: How good to see you showing up here.

So, hmmm....you're heading to the Big Apple soon. What are the top 3 places in NYC you're going to make sure you visit soon?

And who is your favorite rock band? (I know, I ask that of everyone, but I love all the different replies.) :lol:

I'm doing a curry for tea tonight (as soon as Anne-Marie gets in from Dubai), whilst not too authentic, I do like a lot of Indian food (what Brit doesn't ;)). Tell us about your favourite Indian food (with recipe if possible).

Where abouts in India do you live, I work with a couple of programmers from India (though to my eternal shame I can't think exactly where they're from, though I've been told many times)

Might be a bit late for today, but take a photo of the next sunset from your house.

Your father looks a very respectable man tell him.

Mansi, thanks sooooo much for the detailed answer on how you approach people for shots!!! And thanks, too, for the pics. (Milo is soooOOooo cute!!)

Do you play any sports or do any exercise-type activities?

What's the most embarrassing thing that has happened to you while taking photos?

Mansi! :sun: How good to see you showing up here.

So, hmmm....you're heading to the Big Apple soon. What are the top 3 places in NYC you're going to make sure you visit soon?

And who is your favorite rock band? (I know, I ask that of everyone, but I love all the different replies.) :lol:

Hiiii terri :) good to hear from you!

yes i am headed to the big apple, i havent really thought about sighseeing in NYC yet, im really worried and frantically searching for roommates and apartments at the moment :lol: ...
i'v done the touristy stuff before so im really looking to know more then just the surface...
but... i am definitely going to be visiting the International Center for Photography museum, central park (or is that just too lame?), ummm and how about tpf new yorkers suggesting something? :mrgreen:

i grew up listening to a lot of rock, i dont really have one fave... i just listen to a whole lot of stuff. :p

I'm doing a curry for tea tonight (as soon as Anne-Marie gets in from Dubai), whilst not too authentic, I do like a lot of Indian food (what Brit doesn't ;)). Tell us about your favourite Indian food (with recipe if possible).

Where abouts in India do you live, I work with a couple of programmers from India (though to my eternal shame I can't think exactly where they're from, though I've been told many times)

Might be a bit late for today, but take a photo of the next sunset from your house.

Your father looks a very respectable man tell him.

hey chris, thanks i'll tell my dad :)
ummm my fave indian food... :blushing: i have a few... i dont cook (yet), but i'll find a recipie from my mum... do you want anything specific? or like with specific ingredients (chicken based or veggie based)

i am from New Delhi, India :)

i cant really see the sunset from my house, but i can probably get a silhouette over the other houses with the sun fading away... tomorrow... its dark now :D

Mansi, thanks sooooo much for the detailed answer on how you approach people for shots!!! And thanks, too, for the pics. (Milo is soooOOooo cute!!)

Do you play any sports or do any exercise-type activities?

What's the most embarrassing thing that has happened to you while taking photos?

hey anty, you're welcome... :) milo says hello :mrgreen:

current activity : i just love the water, so swimming is the best possible thing... best way to beat the heat around here too!

umm the most embarrasing thing while taking a pic : i wouldnt really call it embarrassing in a way but it did something to me...
i was shooting around somewhere, and there was this beggar... as a rule i do not give money(because thats really not the way to go) , he seemed really frail and could not walk, i wasnt interested in taking a pic at all.. but i thought i'd help him out if i could... so i went to a kiosk close-by and got him a meal... and gave it to him, he started shouting at me 'take it away take it away' .. ' i want only money'... and he threw away the food :shock: more then embarrasing it just kinda left me a bit umm i dunno... dont have a word for it... guess i have to think before doing anything for anyone :thumbup:

(Wow, weird behaviour of the guy! I would think most street people would have been thankful for the food.)

What was the last movie you saw?

Favourite kind of cookie?

(Wow, weird behaviour of the guy! I would think most street people would have been thankful for the food.)
totally!!! i was a bit shocked

What was the last movie you saw?
Norbit! :mrgreen:

Favourite kind of cookie?
Double chocolate chip :lovey:

hey chris, thanks i'll tell my dad :)
ummm my fave indian food... :blushing: i have a few... i dont cook (yet), but i'll find a recipie from my mum... do you want anything specific? or like with specific ingredients (chicken based or veggie based)

i am from New Delhi, India :)

i cant really see the sunset from my house, but i can probably get a silhouette over the other houses with the sun fading away... tomorrow... its dark now :D

Anything with chicken suits me fine, as does veggie stuff to be honest as I never seem to eat enough of them. I can get pretty much any spice you can think of here, so no need to worry about that ( I hate crunching into cardomom pods though... Ugh!)

Fine with the sunset, it's just about to go dark here too.

Most reactions

Back