Rings from Adorama - CC needed

tjones8611

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
The new ring set arrived today from Adorama.com. Must say very fast service to from them, my first time doing business with them. Playing around tonight, I connected a 1.7X teleconverter to the three rings (13mm, 31mm, 21mm) then to the nifty fifty. BTW, the rings have connectors so I can use AF and control aperture; however with all three rings on, AF is to challenged to focus.
The photos below represent the ability to extremely modify aperture and see the results with DOF in a very micro-world. Let me know what you think of them, which do like best, remember focusing is a b!tch and after seeing them on the computer, realized I had a spec on the lens.
I favor number three the most.

4156881616_8b91bde878_b.jpg

Exposure: 0.025 sec (1/40)
Aperture: f/1.8
Focal Length: 50 mm
ISO Speed: 200
Exposure Bias: 0 EV

4156119383_590e5f72e7_b.jpg

Exposure: 1.3
Aperture: f/11.0

4156881836_d45e9e4b7a_b.jpg

Exposure: 5
Aperture: f/22.0
Exposure Bias: 0 EV

Not bad, fake flower? but with the dirty lens its tearing a little bit at my soul :p
these focusing rings are interesting though, definetly need to go google

Live flowers, not sure how though with the cold winds. I never notice a clean lens until right after I need one! Oh, thats the Farmer's Insurance commercial.

There are ways to do live flowers but it does involve some efforts to make the flower "hold still".

Download the trial of "Helicon Focus" and take a row of images every time shifting the focus from either the front to the back or the other way around.

The more images you take (smaller steps in focus) the better the outcome will be.

Then you get fully focused images of the small world you want to show. You can do amazing stuff this way.

Sweet! I'm really looking to get a set of these rings as well

My, those are suggestive! I think that the subject needs a bit more distance from the background in either hue or proximity. Aren't new toys fun though?

Great shots, but youll have to redo them. Those specks are killing it.

I enjoy the tubes quite a bit (I didn't get them from Adorama, but they're pretty much the same).

Out of curiosity, have you tried it without the teleconverter? you should still be able to get a good macro, but with the three rings and the teleconverter you are losing a ton of potential light.

By "rings", are you referring to extension tubes? Which ones did you buy -- Kenko? As you can see, lighting with macro can be a bear, but you're on the road to really good stuff!

By "rings", are you referring to extension tubes? Which ones did you buy -- Kenko? As you can see, lighting with macro can be a bear, but you're on the road to really good stuff!

My question as well.

I have been playing with extension tubes on legacy lenses on my G1 & am rather pleased with the results. Here I used a mirror to fill in the shadow from a window lit nut.

IMG_3924sm.jpg

This is the result.

P1010126sm.jpg

Scary looking nut! lol I purchased the Pro Optics brand for about $25. These were the cheapest I could find that had electrical contacts. So far, they work perfectly, no problems at all. The three rings combined, I guess could be called a tube.

Im likin the mirror technique, I used a flashlight on the flower.

The new ring set arrived today from Adorama.com. Must say very fast service to from them, my first time doing business with them.

Delighted to hear that we didn't disappoint; please don't hesitate to contact me if you need after-sales support - or advice concerning any future order from Adorama!

Most reactions

New Topics

Back