What's new

Rob and his Drum on the Street

JonK

I want MORE!!
Joined
May 19, 2005
Messages
3,568
Reaction score
140
Location
Manitoba, Canada
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
Hi everybody :D ...been out of town for a few days and a bit busy but I got lots of piccies to show.
Finally combatted my fear of approaching people and feel exceptionally good for doing so.
Starting with these. I'm copy/pasting this next bit from my account at Trekearth.

I was wandering around the set of Brad Pitt's latest movie being filmed for a few days in Winnipeg trying to get the million dollar shot of him and Angelina....no luck there.
Heard some nearby drumming and wandered over to find Rob drumming and singing a native song - he runs sweat lodges and sundances at the nearby Thunderbird House. He graciously allowed me to photgraph him as much as I liked.
He told me the drumming represented the mother's heart beat to a child in the womb.
This first shot is one of my favourites from the day...my own million dollar shot in my eyes. ;)

56374357_9a9a26e721_o.jpg


56374564_6649a5bae2_o.jpg


This one is not good :( but I wanted to show him to all of you in context with the drum.

56374819_3ca0ada739_o.jpg


I will post more in the coming days. :) hope you like them and of course your comments are more than welcome.
 
The first IS the best of the series, in that you and I agree wholeheartedly.
What takes you out to the sites of film productions?

And I am glad you had the chance to photograph ROB.
Bah. Brad Pitt. Angelina Jolie.
You see them in magazines every day.

But Rob.
I meet him here for the first time!
And that is worth a lot more! :)

Thank you for showing.
And the first one with the flowing hair IS the best.........!!!
 
Time well spent Jon! That first shot is super :thumbup:
 
I like No 2 with the blue background!:thumbup:


So what did you say to him? "Hi mate, I'd like to photograph you drumming if that's OK?"

I wouldn't have a clue what to say!:blushing:
 
Million Dollor post JK. A great journey day for you man! I love the photos of this moment you captured and really dig the story line. I can really feel the vibes in these images, as well as the beat of his song. Awesome job :thumbup:
 
:D Thanks Corinna...that's exactly how I felt after I met Rob: who needs brad pitt anyway :-P (i'm sure a few of the ladies may have words but who knows)
I just happened to be in the city at the same time as filming so thought i'd chek it out....glad I did. :D

Woodsac and Christian...thanks for stopping in and commenting. :)

Plastic Spanner....that's exactly what I did 'cept we don't say mate here :confused: :D

Thanks Mako...appreciate the kind words as always....looked back over the pics and I could feel it too :D

Found a better shot of him drumming:

56430780_e27329e422_o.jpg
 
well surely better then any brad angelina shot ;) and yeh definitely more worth it in my eyes!
a wonderful attempt at street.. absolutely love the first with his hair flying.. seems to be deeply involved in what he's doing.. like the compo
love the blue bg in the second .. pretty neat!
very awesome dof in teh fourth!
you captured him well and had the light to your advantage... boy what a high aint it? shooting street i mean.. i know it is for me.. its just the excitement and nervousness.. love every bit of it... :) good you found a very willing subject!
nice work jk.. keep shooting and sharing :)
 
Thanks mansi :D It was a total high.....need to feed myself more of that :drool:
 
All of these are excellent, but the first one rocks.!! :thumbup:
 

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Log in

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom