Rocky Mountains - Alberta - Summer 2007

More to see

This is Big Bend, In Jasper National Park

BigBend.jpg

This one is top of Iceline , This Trail Starts at Takaka Falls In Yoho National Park

OpenCountrySmall.jpg

That is me with the backpack, the picture was taken by my wife, who will also be joining us in Jasper.

Getting close now. I'm still trying to decide when I will leave & get there. I will leave Edmonton on Friday after work...and either drive right to Lake Louise or go to Calgary for the night. I'm leaning toward going all the way to Lake Louise, that way I can drive the David Thompson Highway and I wouldn't have to get up so early to make the trip from Calgary.

So, as far as I can figure...on Saturday it should be me, Roy (Cyber Surfer), Bob (jack lumber), & Jeff Canes (might be late). Brittany (Peanuts) will join us on Sunday and then Sean? (SpeedTrap) & his wife will meet us when we move to Jasper on Thursday.

Is that it? If anyone else is thinking of coming out, please do...it promises to be an amazing experience.

Okay, just looking at my schedule, I am not certain if I will be able to make it for the 8am meetup for a long day of hiking Sunday morning after shooting a wedding the whole day before, is there any guestimate of anythign happening that evening? I am hoping to drive out mid-Sunday and arrive by say 3pm (?) then stay overnight, join in for Monday, and possibly Tuesday if I can squeeze it in.

If time permits, which I think it will, we will be getting some soft light shots as the sun sets in the area, weather permitting. If not there is always wildlife around the area as well. Just call on my car phone or my cell phone to find out where we are.

There are always late sunset shots in the mountains and Lake Louise has some terrific timed shots after the sun sets. Remember, early morning and late evenings are the best times for those soft light shots that amaze everyone.

I hope I can find the new Harry Potter book in Lake Louise. I don't know if I'll be able to wait until I get back to read it.

All I'm bringing to read Mike, is my camera manual,, then maybe I will be able to figure out how to work it! lol.

Yesterday I also picked up the 2nd edition of a new magazine 'Alberta Land and Life'. It's a great little publication, I'll be sure to bring it along.

Blast!!!!dangblane it,, my laptop just went on the fritz, on startup windows displays like a pac-man screen!
So there,s 30 gigs of storage I dont have, I got 4 gigs of card, but I dont think that will last long, graps coat and credit card, heads to camera store.
the wifes not going to like this.

Head to Costco if you can.

4GB Ultra II cards are only $74...or something close to that.

I'll be leaving in a few short hours...I'm taking a longer way, and hopfully avoiding a lot of heavy traffic.

I've had another look at the agenda...I was thinking of skipping Sunday the 29th...just so I could get home earlier (I have to work on Monday)....but I really don't want to miss Maligne Lake and Spirit Island. Maybe we can get top that earlier?

Anyway, I'll see you tomorrow...and for the rest of you...don't make a mess of the Forum while I'm gone. :D

im in Calary

Uh-oh, must have taken the wrong flight.

Welcome to Calgary :) Really hoping to meet up with all of you, I suddently have a few more things on my plate to juggle, however, I am trying desperately to see if I can make it.

If you get the chancd guys, check out the osprey nest, the chicks were doing "wing warm ups" thursday as I went by, they may be flying by now.
Hope you all had a great time, I sure did.

IMG_4928.jpg

IMG_4927.jpg

Nice shots Bob!

Well, I'm back.
It was a fantastic time with great people and unbelievable photo opportunities. I came home a bit early (today rather than Sunday), only because I was tired from all the hiking and sleeping in a tent...and I'll need a day off before getting back to work.

I'll be starting a thread for showing photos from the meet up...and I may do a quick version of some of my photos...but it will be a while before I can really get to them.

Thank you to all the members who made it out...it was a great experience.

Most reactions

Back